Micho Marathon

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Polara Pat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Micho Marathon

Post by Polara Pat »

I downloaded Micho Russel's Rarities and Old favourites and thanks to some sweet noise cancelling blue tooth headphones from my awesome lady; my new favourite chore is snow blowing. That collection is huge with over 40 tunes. I stumbled on it since he does the Cliffs of Moher/Piper's Chair which is very high on my "to learn" list.

Anyone have any other good collections like this that I can buy from Itunes? I think I started walking in 6/8 by the end of the day.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Micho Marathon

Post by Mr.Gumby »

More Micho you mean?

The original Traditional Music from County Clare, the one with his brothers (the Russell family), Under the Cliffs of Moher (a bit hard to find perhaps), The Man from Clare, Limestone Rock, Our own dear Land, Ireland's whistling ambassador. And probably one or two I can't think of right now (it's early). There are also few few concert recordings released recently, Kenny posted about them, from Norway and other places, I haven't heard those. Then there's the stuff on the German Folk Festival tour recordings. And there are buckets of other stuff, non commercial, all sorts of recordings and videos, if you can get hold of someone to give you a copy. Enough to keep you going for a while.
My brain hurts

PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

I bought out the Micho cds that claddagh records sells on their website. I recall there were four, but I’m away from home at the moment and can’t check the titles
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

Mr.Gumby wrote:More Micho you mean?

The original Traditional Music from County Clare, the one with his brothers (the Russell family), Under the Cliffs of Moher (a bit hard to find perhaps), The Man from Clare, Limestone Rock, Our own dear Land, Ireland's whistling ambassador. And probably one or two I can't think of right now (it's early). There are also few few concert recordings released recently, Kenny posted about them, from Norway and other places, I haven't heard those. Then there's the stuff on the German Folk Festival tour recordings. And there are buckets of other stuff, non commercial, all sorts of recordings and videos, if you can get hold of someone to give you a copy. Enough to keep you going for a while.
Thanks for this. I'll get reading and hopefully track down some more collections from him and other fine players. I took him for a cross country ski as well. Pretty sure he enjoyed it.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Always nice to see the Micho info posted. :)