It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:06 pm 

I have decided to sell my mini Wheatstone which I purchased about 10-12 years ago in England. I bought it out of a love for miniature instruments, but I am an Anglo player and never really got the hang of playing this one. It is in excellent condition barring the following two details:

1) The box it comes in needs to be re-taped along the outer hinge. Inner hinge is solid.
2) The lowest button on the right side plays a hint of the wrong reed while pressed. This is demonstrated in the video below.

The Wheatstone's serial number is 36774. According to pp 101-102 of Horniman Museum ledger SD03, this dates it to November 28 1963. It comes with a lockable hard case and two keys. The lock works. The box measures 7 inches long, 4 1/4 inches deep and 3 1/2 inches high. The concertina measures 3 1/8 inches at widest point, 2 3/4 inches from flat to flat and 5 3/4 inches long including the buttons.

I am asking $2,000 US for this instrument, including shipping and insurance within the US. I may consider best offers if it does not sell at this price.

Video demonstrating that all notes work: https://youtu.be/zosFmH2KxGQ
More photos are linked on Concertina.net and larger versions of photos are available on request.
Pickup in Eugene Oregon area welcome (with a corresponding discount for shipping/insurance).