An FYI demo of some C whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MichaelRS
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in the tin whistle as a hobby. I'm here mainly to get information on the playing qualities of various types of whistles.

An FYI demo of some C whistles

Post by MichaelRS »

A demonstration video of several C whistles. Some of usual very inexpensive ones + a Freeman and a couple of Dixons.
Obviously it's hard to draw any deep conclusion from one short sample of any given whistle from a YouTube video, but I just thought this was kind of interesting and fun and I thank the lady for doing per my request.

https://youtu.be/y9Bax4O6kvU
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: An FYI demo of some C whistles

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Thanks for posting. I really enjoy her posts on YouTube. All the C whistles she played on this post sound good. Here again is a reminder that in most cases, it’s the player that has the most significant role in how the whistle sounds.
MichaelRS
Tell us something.: I'm interested in the tin whistle as a hobby. I'm here mainly to get information on the playing qualities of various types of whistles.

Post by MichaelRS »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:Thanks for posting. I really enjoy her posts on YouTube. All the C whistles she played on this post sound good. Here again is a reminder that in most cases, it’s the player that has the most significant role in how the whistle sounds.

Yep. :thumbsup:
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

I thought the Faedog (sp?) sounded the brightest out of all the ones she tried.
MichaelRS

Post by MichaelRS »

Polara Pat wrote:I thought the Faedog (sp?) sounded the brightest out of all the ones she tried.
I actually kind of did too. That's why it's the cheap PC I think I'm going to order with my Generations Bb
Tor

Post by Tor »

Polara Pat wrote:I thought the Faedog (sp?) sounded the brightest out of all the ones she tried.
That one was tuned sharp compared to the others.

I suspect that her prefererred one was the last one.. the Tony Dixon wide bore.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

The last one, (Dixon wide bore), sounded best to me - I agree, I think that was her preferred whistle too. :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Chifmunk
Tell us something.: Hi, I play 5-string banjo, mountain dulcimer, bones, and am now a beginner pennywhistler. I have some Dixon, Freeman, and Susato whistles. This is obviously the most extensive forum for information in whistle learning- thanks!
I also run a banjo/mando/fiddle shirt site at https://harmonias.com/
and a mountain dulcimer social site at: fotmd.com

Post by Chifmunk »

I'm wondering about the Freeman whistle she played, with the green top. She identified it oonly as a Freeman 'tweaked'... but was it a tweaked Generation, a Freeman Mellow Dog, or what? I know it was tweaked, but what did it start out as?
Having FUN playin' my whistles!
http://pennywhistleclub.com/
...a new social network just for whistlers
MichaelRS

Post by MichaelRS »

Chifmunk wrote:I'm wondering about the Freeman whistle she played, with the green top. She identified it oonly as a Freeman 'tweaked'... but was it a tweaked Generation, a Freeman Mellow Dog, or what? I know it was tweaked, but what did it start out as?
Give her a shout out in the comments of the video. She's usually pretty good about answering... if she knows