Alec Finn R.I.P.

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Alec Finn R.I.P.

Post by oleorezinator »

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
PlanxtyPipes
Tell us something.: Flute, whistle, and (beginner) fiddle player! I live in the Charlotte, NC area and love Irish Traditional Music.

Re: Alec Finn R.I.P.

Post by PlanxtyPipes »

Sad day. So many trad luminaries passing in 2018. RIP Alec. Your playing with De Dannan was incredible.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I heard the news a few hours ago on the radio while driving into Ennis. Only a few weeks ago I heard him play with Frankie Gavin on the same radio program and they played a recording from that appearance in his memory.

Very sad, the reaper seems to have started whittling away at the generation of musicians who were the young bucks, up and coming when I was learning and coming of age musically.

First I saw Finn play was probably during the early seventies when De Dannan were new and touring often. And his playing was very much a presence on some of the other staples of my earlier musical diet, backing Noel Hill and Tony Linnane, Mary Bergin and so many others.

Below a few snaps taken when he was reunited with Hill and Linnane some years ago, playing in Miltown Malbay church, some dreary February night.

Image Image

Death Notice and funeral arrangements
My brain hurts

Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts