9th South Wales Tionol - Sept 7th/8th in Pontypridd

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
m muir
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: 9th South Wales Tionol - Sept 7th/8th in Pontypridd

Post by m muir »

As a matter of interest who are the pipemakers of the sets Fionnán playing in the photos?
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

I believe Fionnan Mac Gabhanne plays a Maurice Coyne set of pipes. Perhaps this was one of the sets he played at the Tional? The other set looks to be a Galloway or maybe a O'Briain
Last edited by Steampacket on Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I'm not an uilleann piper but I love to see the photos of any and all traditional music events on the forums. Your photographs are wonderful and the facilities utilized are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! :)
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Steampacket wrote:I believe Fionnan Mac Gabhanne plays a Maurice Coyne set of pipes. Perhaps this was one of the sets he played at the Tional? The other set looks to be a Galloway or maybe a O'Briain
I'm not a piper, but I was sat next to Fionnán for quite some while and meant to ask him who made his pipes. I've seen sets made by Donnacha Dwyer that look like that. Sorry if this is fiddler/fluter ignorance talking ...