Bargain Flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Bargain Flute

Post by Steve Bliven »

Rosewod Flute Imporved Version. Has a Tunning Slide. Located in London. Must be the UK spellings....

Best wizhes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Bargain Flute

Post by Nanohedron »

Nice fluet.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
piperjoe

Post by piperjoe »

Probably make a really cool lmap... :puppyeyes:

Piper Joe
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

Did they fix the spellings since you guys commented? :-?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Nope. Check the illustration.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Those 'Made in Pakistan' flutes were being 'offered' at about £120~140 previously, but I heard that they weren't properly in tune, (on here, I think) - so I will avoid buying one - & just stick with my Delrin that I have on order. :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

For whatever reasons, I don't see the misspellings. Maybe my localization or brain are whitewashing them out. :-?

[Edit: My wife pointed out some of them for me. So I guess it was my brain whitewashing them out. I thought that the spelling was "hiqh"er quality that it really was.]

I first thought the image was too big to repost, but, oh my goodness, look at those corks and tenons.

hpinson

Post by hpinson »

GOOD LORD!!! (***choke***)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

fatmac wrote:- so I will avoid buying one -
An astute position. I would also further point out that there's no such thing as "Irish rosewood".

Spelling and grammatical gaffes aside, if the terrible condition of the flute in the pic weren't enough to set you packing, check out this page from the same company:

http://createchtools.com/product/blue-ladies-handbag/

One wonders about their commitment to actually doing real business. TBH, I smell a dummy corporation.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:
fatmac wrote:- so I will avoid buying one -
An astute position. I would also further point out that there's no such thing as "Irish rosewood".

Spelling and grammatical gaffes aside, if the terrible condition of the flute in the pic weren't enough to set you packing, check out this page from the same company:

http://createchtools.com/product/blue-ladies-handbag/

One wonders about their commitment to actually doing real business. TBH, I smell a dummy corporation.
Oh come on. She left the handbag on the chair, and has just left. It's unfortunate, in terms of getting a decent photo, but createch can hardly be blamed for that. I mean, be reasonable.
Ben Shaffer
Tell us something.: Ive played Irish Flute for a number of Years. Have played Sessions as well but not currently. I have also played Colonial American Flute in reenactment Groups. Started playing Clarinet in 1960 in School and later Community Bands. Also have played Bagpipes Solo as well as in Pipe Bands I played Drums in a Garage band in High School, probably my Instrument I played the best!

Post by Ben Shaffer »

Hell, give em an Olwell Flute to copy exactly with nice aged wood :lol:
Could be interesting :D
We could be eating Crow! :D
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Ben Shaffer wrote:Hell, give them an Olwell Flute to copy :lol:
Could be interesting :D
You give 'em one. I couldn't afford the exercise in charity. And why does the phrase "pearls before swine" keep coming up for me?
benhall.1 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:One wonders about their commitment to actually doing real business. TBH, I smell a dummy corporation.
Oh come on. She left the handbag on the chair, and has just left. It's unfortunate, in terms of getting a decent photo, but createch can hardly be blamed for that. I mean, be reasonable.
Right. And then there's that Latin filler text. Most highbrow of them, considering the source. Raises my confidence level sky-high.
AaronFW

Post by AaronFW »

Nanohedron wrote:
It looks like they used a website creator but never found out how to get rid of the example items. The other items that fit their business actually have relevant pictures and descriptions (as opposed to the stock images and Latin).
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

And they subtly suggest some appropriate flute technique!

And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

AaronFW wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
It looks like they used a website creator but never found out how to get rid of the example items. The other items that fit their business actually have relevant pictures and descriptions (as opposed to the stock images and Latin).
You've got more curiosity than I. Maybe the flute section is just a Sialkot reflex.