Oz waiting times

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Blower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistling for 8 years after 40 year break from oboe, not enough puff for that anymore. Play gigs, sessions and for own amusement, though not cat's.

Oz waiting times

Post by Blower »

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone here has ordered an Oz whistle from Mitch this year and how long they had to wait for it.
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Re: Oz waiting times

Post by Bretton »

Hi. I ordered one (Visor tunable whistle in D) at the end of April and it was supposed to take 6-8 weeks. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm hoping it will be on its way any day now. :)

Mitch had some email issues (I don't know the details) which were causing delays in communication.

-Brett
Blower wrote:Hello all. Just wondering if anyone here has ordered an Oz whistle from Mitch this year and how long they had to wait for it.
Blower
Tell us something.: Whistling for 8 years after 40 year break from oboe, not enough puff for that anymore. Play gigs, sessions and for own amusement, though not cat's.

Post by Blower »

Thanks Brett. I've been waiting considerably longer than that but I know Mitch hasn't been well and he's said he's had to slow down a bit. He's been very good at answering e mails. Don't want to hassle him too much, he's a nice guy but I was just getting a bit concerned.
Reeldin58
Tell us something.: My wife bought me a cheap Waltons whistle as a little "Stocking Filler" Christmas 2015. Almost two and a half years on I now own something like 20 whistles. I don't claim to be a good player but it does make me happy. I was 58 years old when I started hence the username (Also my YouTube channel). I would like to share views with like-minded players.

Post by Reeldin58 »

A friend ordered an Oz whistle back in February, it arrived about two weeks ago.
iwinuk

Post by iwinuk »

I ordered a 'D' Vambrace delrin whistle in January and it took just over four and a half months to arrive, Mitch has been ill and is making a slow recovery, the kick in the teeth after such a long wait was £65 import duty, had I known this I would never had ordered a whistle that was already very expensive.
Tor

Post by Tor »

iwinuk wrote:, the kick in the teeth after such a long wait was £65 import duty, had I known this I would never had ordered a whistle that was already very expensive.
But surely you were aware of the import duty when you ordered? That amount sounds like the UK 20% VAT (I assume you're in the UK as you said '£') plus customs handling.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Being in the UK, things may get even more expensive for us - depending on where things are made.

But it has always been expensive to import anything into the UK - one of the reasons I always look for British made/Made in Britain/Made in the UK.

(I'd love to have some of the stuff that's available in the US, but it just isn't cost effective.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
iwinuk

Post by iwinuk »

Maybe I'm not as worldly wise as you, I have ordered things from all over the world and have never been hit as hard as that before, so I won't be doing it again. My Roy MacMaghnuis whistles from Belfast arrived in 2/3 weeks at half the price as an Oz and are equally as well made (hand made) in quality and sound amazing.