Whistle not sounding after 5 minutes playing..

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tedcactus
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Trying to improve my whistle playing, especially by sorting out technical problems with the instrument.

Whistle not sounding after 5 minutes playing..

Post by Tedcactus »

Hi - firstly, greetings - I'm new here..!

I've been playing a Dixon D (tunable) for about 5 years.Nice tone, but it goes through phases of going silent after a couple of tunes, despite regular cleaning with water and soft brushes..More awkward now I'm busking, so have reverted to my Feadog, which is problem free - so far! Could it be the different style of mouthpiece (Feadog is more sleek /tapered)? Any suggestions? Thanks, Dave
fatmac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: Whistle not sounding after 5 minutes playing..

Post by fatmac »

Only a newbie myself, but I notice that I have to be much more careful on the short beak of the Dixon than I am on either my Generations or my sole Feadog. :)

(So far, I haven't suffered any clogging, but I'm not playing for long, at any one time.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
piperjoe

Re: Whistle not sounding after 5 minutes playing..

Post by piperjoe »

Tedcactus wrote:Hi - firstly, greetings - I'm new here..!

I've been playing a Dixon D (tunable) for about 5 years.Nice tone, but it goes through phases of going silent after a couple of tunes, despite regular cleaning with water and soft brushes..More awkward now I'm busking, so have reverted to my Feadog, which is problem free - so far! Could it be the different style of mouthpiece (Feadog is more sleek /tapered)? Any suggestions? Thanks, Dave
You'll find lots of suggestions for anti-clogging preparations if you search this forum. I prefer Dupinol (sp?), a commercial product intended for recorders. Lazar's Early Music in the Bay Area (Mountain View) has their own house brand anti-clog product...works a treat. :thumbsup:

Piper Joe