Photo hosting recommendations?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Photo hosting recommendations?

Post by Nanohedron »

I know we've covered this a gazillion times, but I never paid much attention, so let's do it again anyway. :wink:

As you might recall, I've got a harp coming, and once it arrives I'd like to post pics of it here on the Board. Recently turned in my old and finally failing Galaxy S III phone for a shiny new Galaxy J7 V, so on that end I'm good to go. All that remains is a photo-hosting site that will suit me well: free, dependable, and user-friendly for the technically challenged.

Be warned, though: I may also unleash pics of my next cat upon the world. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Photo hosting recommendations?

Post by benhall.1 »

I'm using imgbb. It seems to work. It's free. I can work it, even when I'm in stupid mode, so it should suit you fine. :twisted:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:I can work it, even when I'm in stupid mode, so it should suit you fine. :twisted:
Expect a scathing PM, buster. :twisted:

Thanks for the recommendation! Any others?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
dyersituations

Post by dyersituations »

For my recent FS post I used OneDrive. If you already have a live/hotmail account, it comes for free, otherwise it's free to create an account. When you open a photo in OneDrive there's a button on the top that says "Embed", and it gives you a URL for embedding. Worked really well. You can even upload from your phone if that's where you take photos. I used the website to upload this time.
Life is good.
jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Post by jimhanks »

imgur.com
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I second imgur.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I've been using Postimage which has been easy, but, I'm not storing entire photo library anywhere on internet anymore in fear for the same scheme of offering limited free space and then requiring purchase of additional cloud space. I was a former Imageshack and Photobucket user and have moved onward. I'm just going to jump from freebie to freebie cloud. I also need to upgrade my flipper someday for something smarter, but, I'm not an early adopter of anything.

https://postimages.org/
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks, folks. Any others?
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

I use cloudinary.com. It works pretty well. The UI isn’t super user friendly in my opinion. However others who have tried it out from here say it gets the job done.

I’ve never tried loading images from my phone into it. I transfer them to my pc and then upload them. Maybe you can upload from mobile—I just haven’t tried.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

AaronFW wrote:I’ve never tried loading images from my phone into it. I transfer them to my pc and then upload them.
Yes, phone→PC→host is the route I had in mind.
DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by DrPhill »

ytliek wrote:....... I'm just going to jump from freebie to freebie cloud. ..... but, I'm not an early adopter of anything.
My mum (82 yr old) asked me about the cloud the other day. I am not sure she understands it though.
"What is the cloud?" : "Someone else's computer"
"Where is it?" : "You don't know"
"Will they let other people look at it?" : "Probably not"
"Can I be certain I can get my stuff back?" : "Probably"
"So why would I want to do that?" : "errr ....."
Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

DrPhill wrote: My mum (82 yr old) asked me about the cloud the other day. I am not sure she understands it though.
"What is the cloud?" : "Someone else's computer"
"Where is it?" : "You don't know"
"Will they let other people look at it?" : "Probably not"
"Can I be certain I can get my stuff back?" : "Probably"
"So why would I want to do that?" : "errr ....."
I don't think she is too far off though. The company I work for might be moving our Manufacturing Software to the Cloud (because Microsoft will no longer allow us to host it ourselves) and I feel like the answers to our questions are about the same as your answers to your mum.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

benhall.1 wrote:I'm using imgbb. It seems to work. It's free. I can work it, even when I'm in stupid mode, so it should suit you fine. :twisted:
Thanks for the suggestion. It is simple to use. :thumbsup: However I did not see a way there to edit photos?
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Nanohedron wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:I can work it, even when I'm in stupid mode, so it should suit you fine. :twisted:
Expect a scathing PM, buster. :twisted:

Thanks for the recommendation! Any others?
OK here are a few.
https://www.befunky.com

https://www.bing.com

https://www.snapagogo.com

https://vimeo.com
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks. I'd say I'm pretty well-armed, now. :)