Help me identify these tunes

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
endaman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute, I am form county galway, I have played in a few different bands over the years. I like the old style flute playing and look forward to improving my stype and technique.

Help me identify these tunes

Post by endaman »

Can someone help me ID these two reels. They were played in a session I was in las tnight

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WaKBS ... NSDrozM3yG

Thanks.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Help me identify these tunes

Post by benhall.1 »

Hi endaman

I'd try to help, but I can't get through on that link. It says I need to be signed in, but it won't let me sign in.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The second one is Mayor Harrison's Fedora, can't immediately think of the first one although its name is on the tip of my tongue, I just can't get to it, it goes into Bill Harte's reel though ;-)
My brain hurts

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Wish I could open the things ... :(
endaman
Tell us something.: I play flute, I am form county galway, I have played in a few different bands over the years. I like the old style flute playing and look forward to improving my stype and technique.

Post by endaman »

benhall.1 wrote:Hi endaman

I'd try to help, but I can't get through on that link. It says I need to be signed in, but it won't let me sign in.

Hey benHall, I changed the settings so now anyone can view. Thanks.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

endaman wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:Hi endaman

Hey benHall, I changed the settings so now anyone can view. Thanks.
Thanks, but I don't think it's you; I think it's Google. They have - deliberately, I believe - made their platform incompatible with IE, and my default browser is IE, so I'm stuffed, basically, for Google links. In order to access my own files on Google Drive, I've had to use their absolutely awful "Chrome" browser. But, since that isn't my default, when I click on the links, they just don't work for me.

Never mind. :(
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I think it's Google. They have - deliberately, I believe - made their platform incompatible with IE,
I don't think that's the case, I just checked (I normally wouldn't use IE, I am on Firefox) and I got there perfectly fine.
My brain hurts

endaman

Post by endaman »

i'd still like to know the name of the first tune if anyone recognizes it?
Flexismart
Tell us something.: Some of my original tunes are displayed at https://thesession.org/members/49476
I play several flutes, many whistles, many guitars, bouzouki, banjo, and own way too many pedals.
I could open a music store if I didn't live in the back woods of Pennsylvania.

Post by Flexismart »

Maybe it's this one:
https://thesession.org/tunes/1498#setting14889 - The Aughacashel
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Have you tried Tunepal? Though I am a dodgy enough player I often get random results myself, it often works.
endaman

Post by endaman »

Flexismart wrote:Maybe it's this one:
https://thesession.org/tunes/1498#setting14889 - The Aughacashel

Thank you, The Aughacashel does seem to fit. Now time to learn them.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
I think it's Google. They have - deliberately, I believe - made their platform incompatible with IE,
I don't think that's the case, I just checked (I normally wouldn't use IE, I am on Firefox) and I got there perfectly fine.
I dunno. Maybe it's a combination of the version of IE that I use ... unless you didn't re-set your default browser to IE? ... with country or something. Anyway, I've had this issue elsewhere, and gone on internet forums about it. I finally managed to phone someone at an official Google helpline, and they told me flat out that they don't bother to make sure anything they run is compatible with IE any more, and suggested I stop using it.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Tried it on Opera and Edge, both worked perfectly.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
endaman

Post by endaman »

Thanks for all the help, so looks like I had my questions answered.

Tune 1 is: The Aughacashel
Tune 2 is: Mayor Harrison's Fedora

Thanks again. Enda
endaman

Post by endaman »

I have another one.

Can anyone please help me identify the name of the first tune here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkFK7qB2Zxw

Thanks.