First 5 minutes on whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jimhanks
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

First 5 minutes on whistle

Post by jimhanks »

Everybody's got to start somewhere, right? :P :oops:

https://youtu.be/QmBNeGK3wuk
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: First 5 minutes on whistle

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Not bad at all!! It sounds like you play other wind instruments as well. (not sarcasm) I meant it the nice way.
jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Post by jimhanks »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:Not bad at all!! It sounds like you play other wind instruments as well. (not sarcasm) I meant it the nice way.
Bwahahahahah. :lol: Yes, I play other wind instruments "too". Hopefully I play them better than "as well" as the whistle at this point. :D
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

......& ukes, I believe...... :D

I'm just starting out on keyless flute & piccolo, but I might get a whistle too.

I'm looking for more direction in my playing, & thought maybe traditional tunes, English/Irish/Scottish, hence the new acquisitions; that & I thought I might be able to acquire a good embouchure if I start out with a keyless 6 holer.

(I'm Croaky Keith on UU.)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
jimhanks

Post by jimhanks »

fatmac wrote:......& ukes, I believe...... :D
Uh oh, my cover is blown :shock: :D
fatmac wrote:I'm just starting out on keyless flute & piccolo, but I might get a whistle too...I thought I might be able to acquire a good embouchure if I start out with a keyless 6 holer.
I do like the sound of the flutes but wanted to avoid embouchure so went with whistle as my next "stick with holes" to try.
Reeldin58
Tell us something.: My wife bought me a cheap Waltons whistle as a little "Stocking Filler" Christmas 2015. Almost two and a half years on I now own something like 20 whistles. I don't claim to be a good player but it does make me happy. I was 58 years old when I started hence the username (Also my YouTube channel). I would like to share views with like-minded players.

Post by Reeldin58 »

I went over and saw your first 5 minutes post then noticed you've put up some more whistle posts since then. You are doing great.
jimhanks

Post by jimhanks »

Reeldin58 wrote:I went over and saw your first 5 minutes post then noticed you've put up some more whistle posts since then. You are doing great.
Thanks. I'm only posting the good stuff from here out. :wink: