Vpipes for sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
m muir
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Vpipes for sale

Post by m muir »

I'm selling my set of vpipes, which comes in a foam padded aluminium flight case, for £950. Photos available on request. PM for more info.
m muir

Re: Vpipes for sale

Post by m muir »

buskerSean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

Best thing I ever did was get some of these. My practice time is up 6x easy
rorybbellows

Post by rorybbellows »

Does playing V-pipes help with playing real pipes or is there a tendency to form habits not good for playing real pipes.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
liestman

Post by liestman »

I find them very useful for playing through tunes when my real pipes are not appropriate, to build up muscle memory and practice new and already known tunes. True they are not 100% the same and you have to watch out for things they let you do that a real set would forbid (or things a real chanter will do like alternate C natural fingerings that they don't accommodate), but they are really useful to me personally and I love them. They really double my practice time and are a great benefit
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
buskerSean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

Yes, they are an emulator and so are not excatly the same, I still need to practice on my actual pipes. However for learning new tunes and general practice, either at unsociable hours or when travelling, the pipes are amazing. I sat in an airport for an hour last week practicing w headphones on.

Also I have a trick where I connect standard wired headphones to my V pipes and bluetooth bone conducting headphones to my phone and the play along with Spotify tracks. It’s so much fun and great practice. The ability to swap key at the touch of a button is also great.
m muir

Post by m muir »

These are now sold