FS: Keyless Noy $775 shipped

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jose' Scotte' Este'
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Keyless Noy $775 shipped

Post by Jose' Scotte' Este' »

I am selling my keyless flute in D by Peter Noy. Blackwood, sterling rings and tuning slide. One piece body. Unlined head with the R&R embouchure. Plastic case. No cracks, warps, or issues.

Only offered to the CONUS due to CITES. USPS Priority shipping with insurance included. $775. PayPal please.

PM for pics, more information. Thanks.

Scott
"Luck is important"
kmag
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Re: FS: Keyless Noy $775 shipped

Post by kmag »

If I did not already own one I would be all over this! A great flute at an unbelievable price.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Certainly looks beautiful and its a very low price. I've never heard
a Noy and I wonder if someone who plays one will tell us more
about how these sound.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

It's a great sounding instrument—I've played it—and it improves as you get used to its subtle capabilities (or it teaches you its subtle capabilities). Very full sound, clear and crisp ornaments. Despite the one piece body, it's based on a Rudall Rose Carte design from the 1850s with similar bore and fingerholes. It's in great shape, no cracks, major dings. Someone is going to get a great flute.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I have a Noy flute. It is a large holed model with the Pratten embouchure instead of the Rudall shape. When I was trying out the different heads I almost went with the Rudall, it was close between the two. The bore of his flutes are more similar to a Nicholson bore.

My flute, the way it works for me, has a very big complex sound. Great bottom D! It can be quite loud and if you do not control it the sound can be too loud for some applications. The fingering is very easy for me and I have small hands. If you want to hear it in action listen to Leo MacNamara. He makes it sing.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I would buy it but I have some super keyless-flutes and am after keys. But
I think it's silly this flute isn't selling--though of course money may be scarce right now.
But I do feel this is exceptional. I've never known where Noy stood in the pantheon of flutesmyths, and
it's good to hear these testimonials.
Jose' Scotte' Este'

FA: Keyless Noy $775 shipped

"Luck is important"
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: FA: Keyless Noy $775 shipped

Post by kkrell »

Jose' Scotte' Este' wrote:Now on E-Bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Irish-Wooden-F ... SwdPtavDVp
I see you have all your eggs in one basket. Nice eggs.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Jose' Scotte' Este'

Kevin,

It took me a while to figure out what you were referring to. I am a bit slow. My wife is an artist and she delves into different things. She is an amazing sculptur, and she can paint, block print, throw pottery, make polish paper-cuts, and make just about anything out of just about anything. Oh, and she is a terrific cook :shock:

She started making these pysanky eggs a few years ago. There are actually more, so while it might look like we have all of our eggs in one basket, we don't!

Scott
"Luck is important"
fluteryne
Tell us something.: I am a flute and whistle player located in Tucson, Arizona. Love Irish traditional and other folk music.

Post by fluteryne »

Peter Noy flutes are lovely. Meticulously made, beautiful sound, and play in tune. I too play one and love it. This flute will be a great opportunity for someone!
Jose' Scotte' Este'

Still for sale. Would consider trade for a delrin B flat flute.
"Luck is important"
Chimpski7
Tell us something.: I've always loved playing and listening to Irish music as a flutist. After taking a 4-year break from performing and writing concert music, I've decided to take up music again and focus on learning and performing traditional Irish music.

Post by Chimpski7 »

Jose' Scotte' Este' wrote:I am selling my keyless flute in D by Peter Noy. Blackwood, sterling rings and tuning slide. One piece body. Unlined head with the R&R embouchure. Plastic case. No cracks, warps, or issues.

Only offered to the CONUS due to CITES. USPS Priority shipping with insurance included. $775. PayPal please.

PM for pics, more information. Thanks.

Scott
Hi Scott,

Brand new to the forum and am very interested in your offer if it is still available. I'm in the market for a new flute and Noy's are highly recommended by my instructor. I am very interested in purchasing, but I would appreciate some assurance for its condition and that its playable (pics or a video). What would be the best way to contact you directly? I've been having a difficult time trying to figure out how to PM users on this site.

Thanks!

Nick
rmvanhorn
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

Post by rmvanhorn »

I believe the seller said in another post that the flute is no longer for sale as he is keeping it. Bummer, Noy flutes are great!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Chimpski7 wrote:[I've been having a difficult time trying to figure out how to PM users on this site.
You must walk before you can run.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84192#p1038845 (topic #2)
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org