[FS]Baubet Delrin D flute (4keys)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Poupounou

[FS]Baubet Delrin D flute (4keys)

Post by Poupounou »

Hi,

I'm selling my Baubet flute.
Delrin&Silver, 4 keys, nice woody tone, easy to play, in tune.

It's in very good condition.
asking for 800€.

pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f94lju7raf98 ... 27t9a?dl=0

Regards,

Loïc
sjpete
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: [FS]Baubet Delrin D flute (4keys)

Post by sjpete »

As someone with no interest in this sale, I can say that Baubet's flutes are great value for the money. I just had mine (also a Delrin 4-keyed) played by Shannon Heaton who described it as "perfectly in tune, with great responsiveness, and enough volume" (let's not pretend it's a honker). She was surprised at the relatively low price compared to other makers' flutes, especially for a 4-keyed flute, and she wrote the name down (presumably to recommend to other budget-friendly flute seekers, as I doubt she's swapping out her Olwell anytime soon...!).

Just thought I'd share.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

One doesn't expect the Baubet to compare with an Olwell Pratten, but
is it loud enough for sessions?
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Yes, a Baubet is more than loud enough for sessions. I played with 24 musicians at session. The other day (an unusually large number) and had no problems being heard.

Granted, colume is a LOT about the player and not just the flute, but no one has ever proclaimed my Baubet quiet.

Eric
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

Really nice looking flute... I haven't seen a lot of block mounted delrin flutes.

Is the block present if the owner wants to add the Bb key?
Stuporman

Post by Stuporman »

If this flute is anything like the 4 key Baubet mopane flute that I have regular access to, saying it isn't a honker would be a tremendous disservice to a fine flute. It is a flute that has no faults for Irish music; great volume, improved Rudall tuning and as good a tone as I've heard from a wooden flute.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Any idea how much these are new? Baubet's site doesn't seem to have this info--he wants to be contacted personally.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

jim stone wrote:Any idea how much these are new? Baubet's site doesn't seem to have this info--he wants to be contacted personally.
This might explain why he does not have standard pricing posted:

"I do not make flutes for a living, therefore I have no necessity or interest in selling instrument at any cost.
All the profit I generate by selling my flutes is directly used to buy wood and tools.
Unfortunately, flute making is a very very expensive hobby..."
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

jim stone wrote:Any idea how much these are new? Baubet's site doesn't seem to have this info--he wants to be contacted personally.
Note what KKrell says—he prefers to discuss details. That being said, for a general sense, his prices as of 01/03/2017 were "keyless [wooden] flute in D (includes tuning slide and Nickel Silver rings): 600 euros. Sterling Silver keys: from 1 up to 6 add 150 euros per key. Delrin flute with Nickel /Silver rings (D only): 350 euros. Delrin flutes do not come with a box, while wood flutes come with a French style case."

Given that this is about a year old, best to contact him for an updated list. Nice guy to communicate with.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Thanks for the info, everybody. Just want to make clear I meant no criticism
in asking for the info or describing how Baubet operates. Makes sense to me.
Just wanted the info.
Thanks again.
Poupounou

Post by Poupounou »

The flute is sold.

Thank you.