Private messages

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
ScottishWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in learning from experienced flautists and whistlers and hopefully find some decent whistles in trades!

Private messages

Post by ScottishWhistler »

Hi there I am trying to read a message a user sent me but I don’t have admin permission to read them. Could someone rectify this for me?

Cheers
Martin
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Private messages

Post by Nanohedron »

You just rectified it for yourself. Do read the CCCP. It'll tell you how things work around here.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Nanohedron wrote:Do read the CCCP.
Da, Kommissar!
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Píobaire Déiseach
Tell us something.: I want to learn more about some instruments. I also have one or two instruments which I am thinking of selling and might find a buyer through this.

Post by Píobaire Déiseach »

Hi, I have posted 3 times now (3rd post was 4 days ago) but still have no full permissions. Somebody has sent me a private message too a few days ago and I still can't read that. Do I need to request full permissions?
Thanks!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Píobaire Déiseach wrote:Hi, I have posted 3 times now (3rd post was 4 days ago) but still have no full permissions. Somebody has sent me a private message too a few days ago and I still can't read that. Do I need to request full permissions?
Thanks!
You shouldn't normally have to request for these permissions. Sometimes, it just takes a little bit of time. Anyway, you're good to go now! :)

Let me know if you have any further problems.
Píobaire Déiseach
Tell us something.: I want to learn more about some instruments. I also have one or two instruments which I am thinking of selling and might find a buyer through this.

Post by Píobaire Déiseach »

Great thanks very much!
bildio
Tell us something.: I am registering due to interest in flutes and small pipes. I also have an interest in numerous other musical instruments.

Post by bildio »

A PM I sent as a reply to a member has been sitting in my Outbox. How do I get it sent?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

bildio wrote:A PM I sent as a reply to a member has been sitting in my Outbox. How do I get it sent?
It IS sent. The receiving person is notified by email, or in the "new messages" section at the top of the board (same line as Login Logout FAQ Search Members User Control Panel).

The message will remain in your Outbox until (and if) the member you sent it to views it. As long as it is in your Outbox, you can also still Edit it.

I had one sitting for years because the member never returned to the board. Other messages are read in minutes, or whenever the member next logs in - might be once a week.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org