Is this a Jon Swayne Alto G?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Is this a Jon Swayne Alto G?

Post by sponge »

Hello chiffers,

it's been a while, anyway came across this very fancy folky video, I'm pretty sure this is a Jon Swayne whistle, and the
size looks to be Alto low G, BUT is it the actual sound i'm hearing a G whistle, it certainly has the Swayne recordesque tone,

what do you guys and girls reckon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOvsyamoEDg

sponge :D
Mr.Gumby

Re: Is this a Jon Swayne Alto G?

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Am I getting a sense of deja vu?
My brain hurts

sponge
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Post by sponge »

Oh dear, has this been thrashed to death before....? If it has, sorry, that's what happens when you neglect the forum. I'm lazy, point us in the right direction, and I'll get me coat.

Just clicked on your link, so thanks.

Sponge
sponge

Post by sponge »

Ok, I'm now up to date....... :-? :boggle: