WTB or receive as donation, cheap whistles for PIFs at show

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

WTB or receive as donation, cheap whistles for PIFs at show

Post by bepoq »

Dear All,

I am currently playing (primarily whistles, 16 of 'em, but also 3 flutes and the uillean pipes) in a musical called Come From Away, on Broadway (8 shows a week). I've found that there are always some young ones delighted with the whistles, who bounce up and down in the front row, or wait at the stage door afterward, and who are entirely and inordinately delighted to be handed an old whistle (mostly at the stage door, but sometimes in the front row (actually cheap seats as they're too close and in the glare of the lights) if i can manage it.

Anyway, I'm posting here, because I've run out of all my own old inexpensive whistles, (and even cheap new ones are beyond my means on an ongoing basis) and though I've bought a few folk's collections of cheap whistles here and on ebay, i'm running out of those too. So, if you've got sheafs of generations, feadogs, clarke's, oaks, walton's, roundstones etc and the like that are lying around and aren't seeing any use, and you'd like to see them handed off to young folk who've very suddenly gotten bitten by the traditional music bug before they lose their enthusiasm, please consider throwing them my way, and if you can give me a good price, I'll buy them off you. I don't care about the key (obv not low whistles). If you'd like to PIF them yourself, of course, I'll most gladly accept them. I'll put the address to send them below.

I promise that I'll not be making anything off them beyond goodwill and the extension of whistling in the world (its own reward, naturally) and that when we do shows for underserved groups i'll pay special attention to distribution.

many thanks,

Ben

Ben Power (CFA Band)
236 West 45th St.
Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre (stage door)
New York, NY 10036
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here
bepoq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just updating my profile. Actually came on to change my signature, which is out of date. I have no idea what 100 characters looks like. Is this enough perhaps?

Re: WTB or receive as donation, cheap whistles for PIFs at s

Post by bepoq »

bump
Flutes, whistles, pipes: Come From Away, Broadway

CD, The Mouse in the Mug, available.

Avatar painting by Vincent Crotty of Kerry, now Boston. Visit his site here