Vikings 29 V Saints 24

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tommy
antispam: No

Vikings 29 V Saints 24

Post by Tommy »

How about those Vikings. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Tommy on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Vikings

Post by Nanohedron »

I like Floki. He's a nutcase. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Ah yes...the Vikings were one of my favorite civilizations in Age of Empires II...gotta love them longboats! :D

Edit: Tommy apparently changed the thread title, or had a mod do same. I knew he was talking about football, but couldn't resist the opportunity for a little lightheadedness.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Dan A. wrote:...or had a mod do same.
Don't look at me. There's an edit record at the bottom of his text field. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Nanohedron wrote:
Dan A. wrote:...or had a mod do same.
Don't look at me. There's an edit record at the bottom of his text field. :wink:
I missed that. It was indeed edited by Tommy.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Re: Vikings 29 V Saints 24

Post by Nanohedron »

But all jesting aside, I missed the game. Everyone's been talking about it, though, so I got filled in that way. Apparently the last touchdown of the whole nailbiter was one of the best plays, if not the best play ever, in Vikings history. Had a look on the news, and it was pretty awesome. Looked like a walk in the park, too. The guys in the news boxes were just looking at each other with their jaws hanging open, and sports reporter Mark Rosen said it was the first time he'd ever heard the loudest stadium in the US fall totally silent.

Shoulda been watching the game instead of hanging out with you lot. :wink:
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Nanohedron wrote: Apparently the last touchdown of the whole nailbiter was one of the best plays, if not the best play ever, in Vikings history. Had a look on the news, and it was pretty awesome.
Yup real awesome. :thumbsup: Hope you get to see a clip of the quarterback taking his helmet off to see what happened.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
DrPhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by DrPhill »

Dan A. wrote:Ah yes...the Vikings were one of my favorite civilizations in Age of Empires II...gotta love them longboats! :D
Now you can play 0AD instead - no viking longboats though, and no english longbowmen :sniffle: - but a very good modern take on the old title.
Phill

One does not equal two. Not even for very large values of one.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Tommy wrote:Hope you get to see a clip of the quarterback taking his helmet off to see what happened.
Oh, you mean where the ref threw his penalty flag? Yeah, that was rich. He had to, of course, but if you want an example of a futile gesture, that would be it. Makes me chuckle every time I see it. :)