Image Storage and departing thoughts

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Image Storage and departing thoughts

Post by ytliek »

I'm curious what other whistlers have done concerning imaging storage with the various free cloud companies when the free space has been filled requiring upgraded space for a fee? Do you pay for upgrade, or depart the particular company and move on to another free site? And I want to know if you leave your entire image bank with the company or do you delete everything?

I've changed freebie companies before, Imageshack and Photobucket recently and I had to delete loads of images individually that was quite time consuming. I'm just curious if anyone just walks away and leaves their images behind for the companies delight/profit?
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Image Storage and departing thoughts

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I deleted everything from Photobucket on exit.

I don't store images online though. I just put thing up for short term use on this forum. Google, Microsoft and for example Adobe (Creative Cloud0 offer me storage but practical issues aside (uploading all images would probably take years on my connection and block my internet completely while the upload is in progress), I really don't want companies like that to have my stuff (there's always some small print if you look closely). I have my images backed up on a number of storage discs.

I use Postimages now for the online stuff, which conveniently deletes uploaded images after a set period of time. Suits me well (so far).
My brain hurts