CP: New Tilbury whistles for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Technocelts
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

CP: New Tilbury whistles for sale

Post by Technocelts »

We have some new Tilbury whistles in at the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop.
https://celticcrosswhistleshop.com
Chuck is raising his prices some on the tunable gloss aluminum whistles out of necessity. But we have a pretty good selection of the original aluminum tunable whistles in most keys. We also have some of the new model Tilbury's. Like the tunable & fixed glossy brass D's & satin non tunable D's.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: CP: New Tilbury whistles for sale

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

I placed an order just now for a low G aluminum. My compliments to Celtic Cross for their quick shipping and customer friendly support. Personally, though opinions vary as usual, the Tilbury is a good buy at its pricepoint.
Technocelts
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

Post by Technocelts »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:I placed an order just now for a low G aluminum. My compliments to Celtic Cross for their quick shipping and customer friendly support. Personally, though opinions vary as usual, the Tilbury is a good buy at its pricepoint.

Tyler, Thank you so much for the multiple orders of Tilbury Whistles, & for your kind words. We will have your orders shipped as soon as the post office opens as usual.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Rule 7 CCCP. Please take note, abiding by the guidelines makes the forum a better place to use.

My brain hurts

kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Yes, they've certainly forgotten the advice to at least use "CP: New Tilbury whistles for sale" in the thread title.

I wouldn't mind seeing a higher proportion of participation in the forums beyond the promotional ones, but they have been keeping the frequency of commercial posts down within the guidelines.

Just need to get the hang of it.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Rule 7 CCCP. Please take note, abiding by the guidelines makes the forum a better place to use.

Allow me to modify my post.
I like the Tilbury whistle. They are affordable. I ordered a few recently.
By the way, the folks at Celtic Cross Whistles who sell the Tilbury are very friendly, and the turn around time is minimal.
Technocelts

Post by Technocelts »

kkrell wrote:Yes, they've certainly forgotten the advice to at least use "CP: New Tilbury whistles for sale" in the thread title.

I wouldn't mind seeing a higher proportion of participation in the forums beyond the promotional ones, but they have been keeping the frequency of commercial posts down within the guidelines.

Just need to get the hang of it.

Yes I did forget rule # CCCP, please accept my apology for this. I am 61 years old and starting to get a little forgetful. I've also been lovingly rebuked for my spelling errors and poor grammar in the past, and I apologize for this also. My bad. I joined this forum because of my love for traditional Irish/Celtic music, but especially for my love of the whistle. Since joining this forum, my wife & I have opened an online whistle shop ( not to profit heavily ) but more so as a hobby & to serve the whistle playing community.
I don't want my forgetfulness of the rules, my spelling, or poor grammar to be a rock of stumbling or stone of offense to my brother & sister whistle players.
So I will refrain from any future post in this forum out of love to you.
Again I sincerely do apologize from my heart for causing grief in lieu of the happiness that was intended.
Blessings to you all.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

For fecksake, stop playing the victim.

The forums are guided by a set of rules set by the moderators/owner, these are based on experiences of things that can go wrong in the interactions between members. I like to think that once the basic, conditions set out by the moderators are met, we're all equally welcome to post here no matter our different on-line personae, posting styles or opinions on musical matters.

Nobody is asking you to leave, one of the things that is asked of you, and any of us, is is extending your fellow members the basic courtesy of marking commercial posts as such. Not too big an ask, I would think.
My brain hurts

Tyler DelGregg

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Mr.Gumby wrote:For fecksake, stop playing the victim.

The forums are guided by a set of rules set by the moderators/owner, these are based on experiences of things that can go wrong in the interactions between members. I like to think that once the basic, conditions set out by the moderators are met, we're all equally welcome to post here no matter our different on-line personae, posting styles or opinions on musical matters.

Nobody is asking you to leave, one of the things that is asked of you, and any of us, is is extending your fellow members the basic courtesy of marking commercial posts as such. Not too big an ask, I would think.

Peter,
It would have been kinder to send him a private message instead of a public rebuke.
For that matter, "fecksake" was upleasant. Of course, I am assuming you meant feck sake, but if you didn't , I apologize for the presumption. Anyway, I do enjoy your posts; I have learned much from them, and I respect your knowledge, but some of your posts go against my grain.
Regards,
Tyler DelGregg
Squeeky Elf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Squeeky Elf »

What is the difference between feck sake and fecksake? :-?
“Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.”
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Squeeky Elf wrote:What is the difference between feck sake and fecksake? :-?
I believe "feck sake" is a new brand of Japanese rice wine and the other is a derogatory sanitized expletive...

;)
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Well, I wasn't going to answer, but seeing plunk111 has...

Just a space, but they're both wrong (should be feck's sake)!

:P
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Of course! Happy New Year!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Two four letter words with a space inbetween.
The other is two words combined making one word.

:lol:
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

It would have been kinder to send him a private message instead of a public rebuke.
I don't know, it's a public matter and I am not one to take anybody aside in private to give them a bollocking. The 'for feck sake' bit was perhaps me throwing my hands in the air in desperation at the chosen tone of murdered innocence.

This is not about a person, it's not about asking anybody to leave or making life unpleasant for anybody, it's about behaviour. It's a situation I/we have been in before, and a few times at that so take that little cri de coeur as such, it's saying 'here we go again'.

I appreciate, and sometimes even enjoy, the interactions here. Music is close to my heart and I enjoy exchanging thoughts about it, although in fairness that is one thing that seems to happen more often in private (message) these days. What I do not necessarily enjoy is when the conversations are hijacked for other purposes. Plenty of people have jumped on the bandwagon because they see an opportunity to make money out of this whole thing. And to an extend, that's up to them but it taints the interactions on forums like this when the only reason some people engage here is one of marketing. I am not interested in an environment where people only engage with you because they want to flog you something. I do realise I have a very low tolerance for that sort of thing, lower than most, probably.

The CP rule is a good one and fair play to the mods for setting up a set of guidelines that are reasonable enough to keep most people happy. It strikes a balance, allowing a degree of posting about business matters while ensuring a degree of honesty in the interactions. In other words it allows you to strike up a conversation about music/instruments minimising the chance the people you're talking to are only talking to you because they have something to flog you or are seeking to use you as some sort of a marketing opportunity. And the forums are better for it.

Now, I have a rule, based on experience posting here: I try not respond to this sort of issues, ones that cause a degree of irritation, or issues I generally feel strongly about, first thing in the morning. Call it the 'not before coffee' rule. Sometimes I break that rule, shoot from the hip, post from the gut or however you like to call it, and the content of the post gets me in hot water. I know, it doesn't make me happy either but sometimes I fall foul of my own rule and cause a stir. I know it and I take, accept, the flak for it when it happens. I don't come back to a thread to huff and puff to say I have been chased off the forum by the ensuing disagreement (only to return at the first opportunity). This thread probably falls into this category, possibly it would have been better to just shrug it off and ignore it but a button got pushed and there you go.

And on to another year, hoping for a better one.

[edited to weed out a typo or two]
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts