pipedreams chanter reed

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
24%Irish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I live in Wales and love playing my uilleann pipes. following a recent dna test I discovered I was 24 percent Irish which to be honest did not surprise me

pipedreams chanter reed

Post by 24%Irish »

Hi all just newly re signed up after being off the site a while got a quick question regarding pipedreams chanter reeds

http://www.pipedreamsreeds.com/product- ... ann-pipes/ I'm using their eze drone reeds and find them good wondering has anyone tried or are using their chanter reed?
Merry xmas to all by the way :party:
Kuddel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Living near hannover lower saxony germany and try to play pipes selfteached since 1980, now mainly on a flat set by Andreas

Re: pipedreams chanter reed

Post by Kuddel »

hi, that is a reed made by or in the style of Brian Howard, not bad in the suitable chanter, but you have to finish the scrape and adjust the reed...

https://www.howardmusic.co.uk/uilleann-pipe-reads/

cheers Kuddel
john

Post by john »

i didn't realise that the howard brand was going to carry on once brian retired - i picked up a chanter from the recent clearout and after a bit of sealing with glue (it had cracks) and reed trimming it's working well
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

According to a friend of mine that went to Pipedreams for reeds for his experimental drones, Brian Howard is the one producing the uilleann reeds for Pipedreams.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps