Mary Bergin tutorial - Vol 3?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brus
antispam: No

Mary Bergin tutorial - Vol 3?

Post by Brus »

Anybody have any inside information on when this may be available?

I'd really like to see what she teaches about slow airs ...
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Mikethebook
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Re: Mary Bergin tutorial - Vol 3?

Post by Mikethebook »

Me too! The last I heard it might be in next spring/summer.
zen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Mary Bergin tutorial - Vol 3?

Post by zen »

Vols 1 and 2 have been illuminating, I've been playing for around nine years and have worked through Vol 2 especially carefully. I feel that my playing has benefitted enormously. My timing and use of ornamentation is livelier. I'm getting more lift and finding more space between the notes so the ornamentation doesn't sound rushed. Vol 2 has helped me focus on the nuances in the tunes. These are great books for whistle nerds who enjoy focused and deliberate practice (grateful to have a family that understands the importance of woodshedding!). I'm looking forward to Vol 3.