Los Angeles: Students Sought, Flute/Whistle/Bouzouki/DADGAD

Post here if you are looking for a music teacher or if you want to make yourself available to accept students. See the Guidelines before posting.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Los Angeles: Students Sought, Flute/Whistle/Bouzouki/DADGAD

Post by Unseen122 »

I’ve been playing traditional Irish music for close to 15 years. I have a BMus (Bachelor of Music) with Honors from the Dublin Institute of Technology where I studied regularly with musicians such as Tom Doorley (formerly of Danú), Peter Browne (the piper, was a member of the Bothy Band predecessor 1691), and Kieran Hanrahan (formerly of Stockton’s Wing). In total I spent 5 years living in Dublin immersed in traditional Irish music both studying it in college and playing it professionally; part-time while in college and full-time for a year after college.

I have done a lot of informal teaching and one off lessons in the past and am now looking to take on some regular students. I can teach any level on Irish flute, tin whistle, and bouzouki/octave mando (I use GDAd tuning but can work with students using other tunings) as well as beginning to intermediate students on mandolin (couldn't fit it in title!) and DADGAD guitar. I can also offer general stylistic tuition on any instrument for both melody and accompaniment at a reduced rate.

Please contact me for rates and availability; also happy to send links to past performances and can provide testimonials from past students. I can teach from home in Tigard or travel (travel rates may apply.)
Gaaslaj
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Re: Portland, OR. Students Sought, Flute/Whistle/Bouzouki/DA

Post by Gaaslaj »

Had a great lesson with Avery this week, very good instructor, tuned in to the needs of the student (pun intended!).
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Thanks for the feedback!

To update my post; no longer in Tigard now in St Johns but no longer have space to teach from home regularly (can do once off or on occasion but not every week), I can come to you or I will have access to rooms at the new Artichoke location when they become available (which they might already be, haven't corresponded with them in a couple of months!). Also, no longer own a mandolin so cannot offer lessons on it at this point.
Unseen122

Post by Unseen122 »

Just wanted to update this post. I no longer live in Portland and am now based in Los Angeles (downtown-ish); maybe one of the mods could edit the title to reflect this?

Everything else remains the same!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Unseen122 wrote:Just wanted to update this post. I no longer live in Portland and am now based in Los Angeles (downtown-ish); maybe one of the mods could edit the title to reflect this?

Everything else remains the same!
Done. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Unseen122

Re: Los Angeles: Students Sought, Flute/Whistle/Bouzouki/DAD

Post by Unseen122 »

Thanks!