WHich whistle is she playing

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ShinySideUp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: After a trip to Ireland got hooked on whistle and bodrhan music, so I bought some. I already play saxophone and a bit of piano and I can make a noise on a clarinet too.

WHich whistle is she playing

Post by ShinySideUp »

The link here shows Andrea Corr playing Toss the Feathers but what instrument is she playing it on? The mouthpiece seems a long way from the tone holes and yet it appears to be a playing a high D scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEJa_VgpIAc
p51baby
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: WHich whistle is she playing

Post by p51baby »

Looks like a black Walton’s. I think the camera ratio is off so it appears elongated. Shes been know to change her whistles every performance as she throws the whistle into the crowd after the show. There were a few on eBay for sale last I checked (if you trust the sellers!)

Cheers,

Melany
ShinySideUp
Tell us something.: After a trip to Ireland got hooked on whistle and bodrhan music, so I bought some. I already play saxophone and a bit of piano and I can make a noise on a clarinet too.

Post by ShinySideUp »

p51baby wrote:Looks like a black Walton’s. I think the camera ratio is off so it appears elongated. Shes been know to change her whistles every performance as she throws the whistle into the crowd after the show. There were a few on eBay for sale last I checked (if you trust the sellers!)

Cheers,

Melany
Oh yes, now you mention it. I didn't notice the aspect ratio and indeed it does appear longer.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

:shock: Wow, Hoopy Mike and Andrea Corr both back on the same day. #coincidence?

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

Steve Bliven wrote::shock: Wow, Hoopy Mike and Andrea Corr both back on the same day. #coincidence?

Best wishes.

Steve
Well, no one has ever seen them in the same room together....
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

I saw Elvis when I was pumping gas. Would that make it a Trifecta?

Bob :D
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
hoopy mike
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hoopy mike »

ShinySideUp wrote:The link here shows Andrea Corr playing Toss the Feathers but what instrument is she playing it on? The mouthpiece seems a long way from the tone holes and yet it appears to be a playing a high D scale.

I've watched the clip fifty three times, but I still can't see a whistle.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

I saw a concert clip on YouTube where she throws the whistle into the crowd. I wonder if anyone could get poked in the eye by a flying whistle. A flying black whistle at a concert is hard to see. Still, I would risk injury to nab one of her whistles.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

ShinySideUp wrote:The link here shows Andrea Corr playing Toss the Feathers but what instrument is she playing it on? The mouthpiece seems a long way from the tone holes and yet it appears to be a playing a high D scale.

hoopy mike wrote:I've watched the clip fifty three times, but I still can't see a whistle.
If she'd been on a motorcycle you might have noticed....

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Mladen

Post by Mladen »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:I saw a concert clip on YouTube where she throws the whistle into the crowd. I wonder if anyone could get poked in the eye by a flying whistle. A flying black whistle at a concert is hard to see. Still, I would risk injury to nab one of her whistles.
Was she playing "Toss the whistles", by a case? :D
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Good one!