Stolen Sam Murray flute

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Stolen Sam Murray flute

Post by kenny »

Posted on "thesession.org" earlier today :

STOLEN Sam Murray Flute out of car. Dublin. 08/10/17. Quays outside Diageo near Heuston.
Hello Everyone,

I am absolutely devastated that on the 8th of October my Sam Murray wooden 5 keyed flute was stolen out of my fiancee’s car in Dublin on the quays outside Diageo near Heuston. He walked me to the train at Heuston and walked straight back and in the time that took they smashed a window, rooted around and found it. The flute is my pride and joy and I’ve had it since I was a child. We are doing everything we possibly can to be on the lookout for it. Checking online on buy and sell sites, sharing on facebook, putting up posters, working with the Gardai, etc…

I would be so appreciative if anyone could be on the lookout for it. Here is the link to my original facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/mairead.phelan ... nref=story. Absolutely no pressure but please share it if you feel up for it!

Thank you so much!!!

# Posted by Mairead Phelan 15 hours ago.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"