New CD

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mcelvogue
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New CD

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi chiff and fipplers,
I've been missing for quite a while but wanted to let people know that I have a new album out with my partner in musical crime, Karen Tweed. It is called 'Luckpenny' and it features myself on flute and Karen on piano accordion. It is quite a different album than my previous attempt in that there is no backing whatsoever throughout the recording. We took the decision to record this a few years ago and it was in part inspired by a very dear friend of ours and also our love for playing music as we did many years ago.

For anyone interested, there are snippets of each track on my website and also sleeve notes in PDF format.

http://www.tommcelvogue.com/

and

http://www.karentweed.com/

I've been working through a few different ways to deliver a good experience for people visiting the website and wanting to purchase the music whether it be a physical CD or digital download and I hope the download version will satisfy the wallets of anyone visiting the site from outside Ireland (or indeed inside Ireland) to save on shipping costs and import taxes that I know makes buying a physical CD cost prohibitive in some countries.

For this recording with Karen, I'm playing a holmes-mcnaughton pink ivory flute and due to the variety of music, I'm happy to say I'm using every key on the flute (except the B flat key)! I hope you like it.

I've also recorded on a couple of tracks with Karen and Timo Alakotila for their 'Midsummer May Monday' CD using the pink Ivory Holmes-McNaughton and also an F Corrigan (prattens perfected copy). I have details on my website about this too and a link to where and how that can be bought.

I'd like to thank you for your support as always and especially the many kind words and wishes I've encountered from users since the release of my first solo album with Paddy Kerr. We are working on a follow up album for next year and hopefully we can get this out without the long wait we had previously!

Regards,
Tom
csoroz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Inventory:
Pat Olwell Pratten keyless in D blackwood
Eamonn Cotter 6-key in D blackwood
M&E 6-key in D ebonite
Gilles Lehart keyless in Bb blackwood
Sam Murray keyless in D blackwood (2016)

Re: New CD

Post by csoroz »

Great news! Just ordered my copy :thumbsup:
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Thanks Carlos,
for anyone wanting to hear a few more full tracks, the CD was featured on Neansaí Ní Choisdealbha's 'Ceol Binn ó na Beanna' radio show on RnaG last Tuesday and you can listen back to the show here: http://www.rte.ie/rnag/ceol-binn-o-na-b ... #102608921. Your CD is in the post today Carlos and I hope you enjoy it!

Regards,
Tom
micealo

Post by micealo »

Hi Tom,

Just ordered the Cd & looking forward to it, the clips sound great.

Fingers crossed for the next release with Paddy :)

All the best - Michael
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi Michael,
your CD was posted about an hour ago so hopefully won't take too long! The CD with Paddy is something we've wanted to do since the first once came out. We have guide tracks recorded for over a year now and just need to get some time in the same location in front of some mics and we should be good to go. Hopefully we can get some tracks down before Christmas and have something ready early in the new year.

Thanks for your kind words on the clips and I hope you enjoy the recording.

All the best,
Tom
jemtheflute
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by jemtheflute »

Got mine last week. Super stuff. Very highly recommended.

And another with Paddy Kerr to look forward to? Excellent news!
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Thank you Jem for your kind words, I'm pleased you enjoyed it! I'm also looking forward to a new recording with Paddy.

All the best,
Tom