Sindt and Water Weasels

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Sindt and Water Weasels

Post by busterbill »

I have a sindt d, a brass copeland d and a three whistle set of water weasels, d, eb and c. I have a flute on order and need to raise some cash. Anyone have any idea what I should ask for these? I don't want to be a jerk, but I don't want to be an idiot either. I prefer to sell on Chiff and Fipple, but maybe ebay casts a wider net? Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Sindt and Water Weasels

Post by brewerpaul »

Try looking on eBay for auctions on whistles like these. You can probably see what previous auctions drew for such whistles.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
An Draighean

Post by An Draighean »

Based on previous sales seen here and on ebay, your Sindt could go for up to $300.

I would like to try one myself, but for the kind of prices I've seen used ones go for, I will just keep waiting on his order list (and playing my old Generations).
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

There are some used Sindts up at the Irish Flute Store... if those prices are accurate, prices have gone WAAY up.
https://www.irishflutestore.com/collect ... ned?page=2
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
whistlecollector
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by whistlecollector »

busterbill wrote:I have a sindt d, a brass copeland d and a three whistle set of water weasels, d, eb and c. I have a flute on order and need to raise some cash. Anyone have any idea what I should ask for these? I don't want to be a jerk, but I don't want to be an idiot either. I prefer to sell on Chiff and Fipple, but maybe ebay casts a wider net? Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.
Also based on relatively recent sales at Ebay, your Copeland could fetch anywhere from $600 to $800. Perhaps a little more; unlikely any less.
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
Blayne Chastain

Post by Blayne Chastain »

You can now see what certain instruments sold for on IFS by browsing the sold sections - which does fluctuate over time based on the market.

https://www.irishflutestore.com/collect ... stles-sold

Hope that helps.