WTB: Bass Bb & Bass A Low Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Victory52
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing blues on low whistle and other styles. Most music I listen to is jazz & rock but I enjoy low whistle. I own many Celtic based CD's.

WTB: Bass Bb & Bass A Low Whistles

Post by Victory52 »

Howdy,

Anyone selling a Bass A & Bass Bb made by Goldie or Alba? Please, see my contact info below. Thank you!

contact info:
planetlowwhistle@gmail.com
Last edited by Victory52 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Bass Bb & Bass A

Post by benhall.1 »

Hi Victory52 and welcome to the forums.

Are you after low A and Bb flutes or whistles?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Victory52 wrote:By the way, I tried posting to the "exchange forum" & without success.
At the top of the forum page you will see in the Announcements section our collection on policy, known as the CCCP for short. Everything you need to know about life in the Chiffy lane will be found there, and we encourage everyone to read it. In your case, CCCP #2 covers the issue of when new members may post in the Used Instruments Exchange, as well as what is expected of one's first three posts, which are subject to approval.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Victory52
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing blues on low whistle and other styles. Most music I listen to is jazz & rock but I enjoy low whistle. I own many Celtic based CD's.

Post by Victory52 »

Hi!

Yes! I am seeking Bass A & Bass Bb low whistles.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Bass Bb & Bass A Low Whistles

Post by Nanohedron »

At this point your post should be in the Whistle Forum. Not to quibble, but one would think this should be obvious.

I'll move it for you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Victory52

Re: Bass Bb & Bass A Low Whistles

Post by Victory52 »

Thanks
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: WTB: Bass Bb & Bass A Low Whistles

Post by pancelticpiper »

You could order new Bass Bb and A whistles direct from Alba, their prices are very reasonable.

I have an Alba Bass A and I love it.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Hooleh
Tell us something.: A whistler and a beginner Uilleann piper from Scandinavia. Maybe some day a piper during this life time.

Post by Hooleh »

pancelticpiper wrote:You could order new Bass Bb and A whistles direct from Alba, their prices are very reasonable.

I have an Alba Bass A and I love it.
I second that. Alba whistle prices are very reasonable, even so that I don't suppose buying one pre-owned would get the price that much lower for you.

I have a low Bb from Alba and have no issues whatsoever with it.
Victory52

Post by Victory52 »

Really......great! I will keep Alba whistles in mind.

On the other hand, I would pay handsomely for any Goldie's in great shape! By the way, is the aluminum any different than Goldie's?? Why are Alba's so reasonable??
Victory52

Re: WTB: Overton or Goldie Bass Bb & Bass A Whistle

Post by Victory52 »

Edited:

I would consider trying a Bass A or Bb whistle made by Alba before I purchase.

Specifically, I am seeking Goldie's or Overton's. Please drop an e-mail if anyone can accommodate: planetlowwhistle@gmail.com

Thank you