Beare & Son 8-key flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
fsharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing flute for about 20 years... however, recently, due to surgery on my right hand I find it difficult to cover the holes in a flute, so, apart from a Boehm instrument, I'm not playing.
"that's Alright, I still have my guitar"
I still have a great interest in ITM

Beare & Son 8-key flute

Post by fsharp »

I've already posted on the used instruments forum, but I'd like to post some photographs. How do I do that?
Thanks
Last edited by fsharp on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
"is it about a bicycle"?
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Beare & Son 8-key flute

Post by pancelticpiper »

I don't know all the ways, but the way I use is to sign up with an online photo hosting site, in my case Photobucket.

It's free, but the free version has annoying adverts. After a few years of that I paid for the advert-free version which I like much better.

Once your photo is uploaded to Photobucket you click on the photo, then click on the link on the right side of the page. In your post here you click "ctrl" then "v" and the photo magically appears!

Like this:

Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
fsharp
Tell us something.: Playing flute for about 20 years... however, recently, due to surgery on my right hand I find it difficult to cover the holes in a flute, so, apart from a Boehm instrument, I'm not playing.

Post by fsharp »

thank you pancelticpiper!!
"is it about a bicycle"?
hpinson

Post by hpinson »

Using Photobucket for image hosting is a very, very bad idea right now.
plunk111
Tell us something.: Love playing trumpet and modern flute at church as well as Irish trad flute in a band. Been playing Irish trad and 18th century period music for about 15 years.

Post by plunk111 »

Why is it a bad idea? I've used it for years, but not too recently...
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
hpinson

Post by hpinson »

jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Aaaargh. Indeed. Looks like all my old photos posted here via Photobucket area gone. Not the first time my chosen image host has gone and my shared images with it, but soooo frustrating for the effects on the archive! I can't begin to do anything about it. What a ballsache!
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

They suddenly started 'limiting ' hot linking of photos to third party sites , in my case anyway, unless I upgrade to a paid account. When I deleted most of the pics stored and tried to delete the account and gave the reason for it, they stopped blocking the few remaining photos. I then decided to give it another go and reinstated the account, only to find hot linking of newly uploaded shots is still blocked. We'll how it goes but I think that's the end of my use of photobucket. Annoying but it was a free service after all.

postimage.org is what I have changed to, seems handy enough for the use I want from it (temporary/short-ish term linking a few pics into discussions on these forums)
My brain hurts

hpinson

Post by hpinson »

The PB policy change has decimated most forums and blogs. In the forum I run, something like 50% of thread images are affected.

If you use a Chrome browser, right click on one of those PB ransom images and select “search Google for image” the results list comes up noting “About 25,270,000,000 results (1.29 seconds)”. That's a lot of webpages with missing images. Blogs, personal sites, forums, review sites, food & recipe sites; you name it and it's there. Years of effort for many.

The PB500 account now required for hotlinking costs $399 US a year, which is exorbitant. Changes in TOS were sprung in late June with ZERO notice. People are livid. Anyone who uses PhotoBucket ought to consider moving their stored images elsewhere before the company goes out of business. They have just committed suicide. If you choose to remain, I think you have a good chance of ultimately losing your images.

Forum managers here ought to be encouraging people to move their images elsewhere and relinking. Most will not have the patience for that, especially those with long histories, so much of value is lost.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Most will not have the patience for that, so much of value is lost.
It IS annoying. I don't want too much of a web presence and usually only keep images up for a short period but I left series of shots from previous Willie Clancy weeks available, some 800 pics, as well as shots put up for in memoriam threads. I have deleted all of those now. And they won't be coming back. Still, it was the free option so from that point of view I suppose it's hard to complain. Some images posted to one of the sticky threads on the whistle forum remain available somehow, or are available again as they were blocked for a week.

So far I like postimage.org, you can set a time limit to the availability of images, which saves the work a periodic clean-up.
My brain hurts

Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Since this topic has drifted widely from the original post — and because it has forum-wide significance (and many folks might miss it buried in this thread), perhaps one of the Moderators could post a notice on all the forums of this issue. :love:

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
hpinson

Post by hpinson »

Yes, the moderators might want to take notice.
fsharp

Post by fsharp »

Good Grief!!! All I wanted to do was sell a flute!!
"is it about a bicycle"?
fsharp

Post by fsharp »

Soundfile available! not the best quality of reproduction or playing, I'm afraid.
"is it about a bicycle"?