FS or trade: Dixon low duo

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
de_whistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been away from playing the whistle for a long time (and was really only a beginner when I did play) but I recently retired and have time again. So I'm here to learn. Also, I went through my whistle collection today and realized that the last time I played I went a little overboard with collecting whistles. I think I'll be trimming my collection and some other beginner might be interested in some of what I have.

FS or trade: Dixon low duo

Post by de_whistler »

In very good condition. I've owned it for years but only tried playing it a bit when I first got it. My hands are small and I could never get comfortable with it. It makes no sense for this to be sitting around my house when someone could make good use of it. I think it's a low D, but I don't really recall. If length helps determine that, it's 17.5" without the whistle head, 22.25" with the whistle head. I didn't measure with the flute head. For sale at $75 plus shipping from DE.

As far as trades, I'm probably not looking for another whistle right now, but I'm willing to listen. I have several high whistles and have not been playing much--but I'm going to the Irish Arts Festival in the Catskills next week, which might change that.

What I have been playing more is ukuleles, if you have one of those you want to trade.

The other thing I've really been looking for is for one of my non-musical hobbies, so I hope it's okay to post here. If not, I'll remove it. If anyone has an old Parker Place Vendome fountain pen with a Fine nib, I'd be interested in hearing about that. My absolute favorite is the matte blue and maroon, but I'm not dead set on that.

Edited to say "good condition" might be a better description. There's a scratch on the back that I had not noticed. I can send photos to anyone who is interested.
Altazor
Tell us something.: I am a Colombian flutist and whistler, I want to improve my ability and get a keyed flute, I am saving money for it, but the devaluation of my currency is terrible for this goal.

Re: FS or trade: Dixon low duo

Post by Altazor »

Is it two or three pieces?
Hernan (" ) Altazor
de_whistler
Tell us something.: I've been away from playing the whistle for a long time (and was really only a beginner when I did play) but I recently retired and have time again. So I'm here to learn. Also, I went through my whistle collection today and realized that the last time I played I went a little overboard with collecting whistles. I think I'll be trimming my collection and some other beginner might be interested in some of what I have.

Re: FS or trade: Dixon low duo

Post by de_whistler »

This one is two piece.