Wanted...(sorry...inclomplete message probably got posted)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
davidbruce
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking for a delrin flute, Rudall and Rose design, small holes. Hope someone from this site can help me.

Wanted...(sorry...inclomplete message probably got posted)

Post by davidbruce »

My research has led me to look for a flute in the Rudall pattern, small holes, delrin. I understand that Walt Sweet's flutes are no longer available. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a flute to fit my needs...new or used?
New email... jadmcleish@gmail.com
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: Wanted...(sorry...inclomplete message probably got poste

Post by Loren »

You neglected to specify if you have price range in mind, and if you need the flute within a particular time frame. If you don't have major limitations on either front, and you're set on delrin for the material, I'd suggest contacting John Gallagher if you are located in the U.S.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I agree with Loren. I have a John Gallagher flute in delrin that I liked so much I ordered another one in boxwood from him. I originally got the delrin one for travel. He makes both a small holed Rudall and a large holed Rudall model.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

davidbruce wrote:I understand that Walt Sweet's flutes are no longer available.
According to his web site "Shannon flutes are now back in stock...click to order yours today."

Best wishes,

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
davidbruce
Tell us something.: I am looking for a delrin flute, Rudall and Rose design, small holes. Hope someone from this site can help me.

Post by davidbruce »

Thanks for the replies thus far. I will check out the Gallagher flutes.

Thanks to you, too, Steve. I used the link you put in, but got a message that the site could not be reached. I know his former shop has been taken over, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for on that new site. What address did you use to find the site that indicates that the Shannon is available again?

With regards to the Shannon made by Sweet, the pictures I have seen on various sites show it as blue. Are they, in fact, blue, or is that some glitch in the photos?
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

They come in different colors. I had one in black.
I think they are very good.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

davidbruce wrote:Thanks to you, too, Steve. I used the link you put in, but got a message that the site could not be reached. I know his former shop has been taken over, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for on that new site. What address did you use to find the site that indicates that the Shannon is available again?

With regards to the Shannon made by Sweet, the pictures I have seen on various sites show it as blue. Are they, in fact, blue, or is that some glitch in the photos?
Odd about the site—I just went there, clicked on the "order now" tag and it worked fine. Try http://wdsweetflutes.com/ and click on the yellow tag.

It seems you are perhaps confusing Walt Sweet with Ralph Sweet (his father) of Sweetheart Flutes/Whistles. Ralph has retired and his company has passed on to another maker, although still in the same location. But, as far as I know, Walt continues on with his own company.

I've never seen any color/colour for Walt's delrin other than black. Maybe there are other options on special request but nothing on his site that I noticed.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.