WTB: Behind the Mist CD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

WTB: Behind the Mist CD

Post by Mikethebook »

Does anyone own the CD, Behind the Mist: Music from Conamaras' Bog and Sea Weeks?
Mr.Gumby

Re: WTB: Behind the Mist CD

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My brain hurts

Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Yes, I must admit having heard the beginning of the track they do rather detract from it, don't they. Bit pointless.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Whale, I too was wondering, "What's the porpoise?"

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

I'm presuming you guys have listened to the track at http://ceecc.org/behind-the-mist/. Or I missing another source?
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Mikethebook wrote:I'm presuming you guys have listened to the track at http://ceecc.org/behind-the-mist/. Or I missing another source?
That's the site that Mr G linked to above. I too listened to it there. I don't like the whale sounds either.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Yeah, but I would still like to get the track. I can edit out the annoying whale sounds when I listen to it. After about 40 seconds its just whistle.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

I managed to find a copy in Italy on eBay so its on its way to me . . . whales and all!
Brus

Post by Brus »

I've never tried to play a whale. Does it require piper's grip?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Brus wrote:I've never tried to play a whale. Does it require piper's grip?
No, there's just the one finger hole on the top...

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Steve Bliven wrote:No, there's just the one finger hole on the top...
I thought it was called a BLOW hole. Just think of the embouchure required for THAT!
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Whale
Oil
Beef
. . .! :D

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi