Slow Air recommendations

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Adrian W.

Re: Slow Air recommendations

Post by Adrian W. »

Okay, here's another one. From the same recording as Chuimhne an Phiobaire, Chieftains 7, the first tune in the set called 'Dochas'. The tune is Amhran Dochas (or Amhran Dochais). Translates as 'Song of Hope', and it is sweet and beautiful, rather than melancholy. Maybe just a I always had it in my head it was Sean Potts playing it but not sure why I think that. Anyway, those two airs (Chuimhne an Phiobaire, definitely Sean Potts, and this one), from that one CD, those tunes are what prompted me to seriously try to learn the whistle and drove me to the shop to protect my loved ones from the noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VboHSXbpdNg
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Tunborough
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

In honour of Adrian and others on the forum, I would like to nominate Professor Hans Kung's Visit To Cape Breton by Carl Mackenzie. I haven't heard it on whistle, or anything other than the fiddle of Kirk Elliott. Some day, I hope to learn it from his recording.
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

Tunborough wrote:In honour of Adrian and others on the forum, I would like to nominate Professor Hans Kung's Visit To Cape Breton by Carl Mackenzie. I haven't heard it on whistle, or anything other than the fiddle of Kirk Elliott. Some day, I hope to learn it from his recording.
Hey... thanks... I don't know that one at all, but will hunt it down ASAP. Carl is a very beautiful fiddler; I have two of his older albums on burned CD's in rotation in the truck. Folks may or may not know he is an uncle of the Barra MacNeils. Great musician.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia