Dorman low D whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Dorman low D whistle

Post by BigDavy »

While doing my usual eBay whistle check and found this Low D whistle
I have never heard of Dorman whistles, there is no reference I can find on C&F, and the internet comes op with a Canadian automotive company making deer whistles.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Hully
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Ive been 'playing' the High D whistle 18 months, want to try the Low D whistle, looking for tips. advice, guidance

Re: Dorman low D whistle

Post by Hully »

Nice find Davy, looks nicely made, hole pattern seems unusual (to me anyway) tiny holes at the top, big space between bottom two holes.

Was considering going for it (needed to open an account first) but it sold seconds later.
Fat Freddys' Cat
Tell us something.: Looking for info on whistles and whistle makers and mostly anything else whistle related. Now I'm struggling to get to a hundred characters!!!!

Post by Fat Freddys' Cat »

Any info on this whistle would be much appreciated as I decided to take a punt on it!!! Does look well finished and hopefully is as good as the pictures make it out to be....
Hully
Tell us something.: Ive been 'playing' the High D whistle 18 months, want to try the Low D whistle, looking for tips. advice, guidance

Post by Hully »

Hope it's a good one mate, do let us know :thumbsup:
Fat Freddys' Cat
Tell us something.: Looking for info on whistles and whistle makers and mostly anything else whistle related. Now I'm struggling to get to a hundred characters!!!!

Post by Fat Freddys' Cat »

Now have the whistle and am well pleased with it. The finish is excellent. It has quite a breathy sound which I like. If any more came up for sale I would certainly recommend them.