Vega Style-F 17-Fret Open-Back Tenor Banjo

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Vega Style-F 17-Fret Open-Back Tenor Banjo

Post by Bretton »

Vega Style F 17-Fret Open-Back Tenor Banjo, probably made sometime in the 1920s (serial number in photo: 72129).

The banjo is in pretty good shape, no major blemishes and the wood looks good. It is missing one hook/nut. It has friction tuners and a calf-skin head that appears to be in good shape. 26 brackets, No Knot tailpiece.

Currently tuned GDAE.

Amazingly, the case, which I think is original, is in pretty good shape too.

I'm actually not too happy with the current sound of the banjo. It's very echoey sounding, but I'm tired of messing with it and will probably just stick with the tenor guitar instead, which I have a more modern example of. If you happen to have "banjo adjustment/setup knowledge" you can probably fix this by tightening/loosening the head or something like that. :)

$300 firm. PayPal preferred. Shipping included.
I would also consider trades (whistles or other instruments...I could use an alto sax).

Thanks!

-Brett
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Re: Vega Style-F 17-Fret Open-Back Tenor Banjo: SOLD

Post by Bretton »

This has been sold. Thanks!

I do have a Tenor Guitar for sale too:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=104098

-Brett