Photos of your collection!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Photos of your collection!

Post by ytliek »

June 7, 2014 is a wooden whistle day in rosewood. Ordered on June 5, 2014 and received June 7, 2014. I love WOOD.
Ralph Sweet high D rosewood whistle is a whole new design since I recently purchased a used older RS blackwood high D. The rosewood craftsmanship is superb. Light weight, two full octaves of sweetness and solid bell note.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Aug. 30, 2014 is a high D wooden whistle day in blackwood. Ordered on Aug. 22, 2014 and received Aug. 30, 2014. Fast, immediate, and professional service from the Sweetheart Flute Company. I love the WOOD and had to have them both... that's WHOAD! Chocolate and dark chocolate... very healthy! The blackwood high D craftsmanship is superb as expected and previously acknowledged with the rosewood high D. Light weight, two full octaves of sweetness and solid bell note.

Yes, I have twins because they are THAT good! Great voicing.

What do I know, I'm just a penurious, tone deaf, wannabe whistler. :)
Cayden
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Ytliek,
NICE MATE! Those are some verY "Sweet" looking eye candy! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Cayden
Last edited by Cayden on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

They are sweeter than they look.
recblue8

Post by recblue8 »

New around these parts, and still fairly new to whistling, but already caught in the throes of WHOA:

L to R: Parks Black Every set, Mellow Dog, Gen D, Parks Ghost, Gen C, Freeman "Gen" Low G

Cheers!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

whistlecollector wrote:I've been looking at everyone else's photos of fantastic fippleosity and finally got together pictures of my collection of whistles and flutes. Hope you all enjoy! Descriptions all run top to bottom.
I'd say that you've earned your forum name. Nice collection!
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

whistlecollector wrote:I've been looking at everyone else's photos of fantastic fippleosity and finally got together pictures of my collection of whistles and flutes. Hope you all enjoy! Descriptions all run top to bottom.
Whistle 1 is a matched set by Chris Abel; tunable cylindrical body in ebony with sterling fittings; in high D & high C. Whistle 2 is a matched set by an unknown maker; tunable cylindrical body in a light wood with brass slide and fittings; in high D & high C.

If anyone can help identifying the "unknown maker" whistles in the wooden section, I'd be most appreciative!
The unknown maker of that D & C set is Tommy Dion in Santa Fe, Texas.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
musicaddict99
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish music. I mostly play tin whistle but also dabble in other folk instruments.

Post by musicaddict99 »

My current whistle collection, from top to bottom.

Becker Low D
Becker Alto G
Generation B flat
Generation C
Clarke D
Soodlum's D
Generation E flat

BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

These are the additions to the collection since I last posted here.

Top picture - Bleazey Blackwood low D, Rose blackwood D, the flute is not mine.

Bottom picture - Impempe low D, Burke low D, Dixon Trad G, MK low D.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
*Cedar The Whistler*
Tell us something.: I'm a composer, artist, photographer, musician, vegan, mountain unicyclist, and lover of life!!!
Create what you feel, share with the world, and be yourself always (:
New Youtube channel -Subscribe, thank you!

Post by *Cedar The Whistler* »

Hi!

I'm 14 years old and I've been playing for about two years. I love tin whistles. Its me. Its my instrument. I love it so much. I want to get better and better every day. This is my collection so far. There's one coming in the mail soon.

I alson have native american flutes.

Dixon Low D, 12 Generations, One Walton's, One Clarke, Two Unknown silvers, A Dixon Trad. Gold

Native American Flutes, Tin Whistles, A wooden Bb tin whistle, South American Flute.
I'm a whistle player from California living the dream playing whistle in Dublin, Ireland.
Band member of the band Tradify (album out now, check it out)! Sláinte!
Gmail: cedardobsonmusic@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CedarDobsonMusic
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@CedarDobsonMusic
Clogger

Post by Clogger »

Dusty old drumstick case found tucked on the back of a shelf behind books

This case hasn't been opened for maybe 15 years or more

Left to right: Generation Tabor pipe, Susato D, Sweetone C, Feadog D (my very first whistle that came with an instruction book), Shaw E, home-made E, Susato low A, Set of Generation in Bb C D D Eb F & G.

Hope to get playing these again.
ron-man-pan

Post by ron-man-pan »

nice collections everybody has
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Hi guys,
New member here from Germany and my first post.
A little about my musical background:
My 1st instrument was a nose flute that I got when I was 8 yo and which I still own to this day. I think at around 12 I got my 1st tinwhistle. Then took some flute lessons when I was 13 or 14 I think. But only for a half year. With 17 I took up the guitar and paused from whistle-playing for a long time. But I recently rediscovered them and bought a few - then started making some myself - so here's a pic:
From left to right:
Tony Dixon Low D Flute
DIY Shakuhachi with Quena-style mouthpiece
DIY overtone-flute
DIY Low G whistle (except for the overtone whistle all my DIY-whistles have Quena-style mouthpieces because they're easy to make and sound nice) - the biggest whistle I made so far and probably the biggest I'll ever make because even with piper's grip it's hard to play
Low C
another Low C with a different hole-layout
Shakuhachi flute
another Shakuhachi
and a flute that plays some obscure Japanese scale
another Shakuhachi
whistle in E
Tony Dixon Trad whistle in G
DIY in A
Feadog C
Clarke Sweetone C
Clarke standard in D
Generation D
Chieftain Low D
an aluminum Quena from eBay - cheap but really good quality
a recorder - don't know the maker though
Yamaha Fife YRF21
another recorder - plastic this time
and in the case there's a noname classical flute
in the black bag is a Chalumeaux

I also have a couple of Ocarinas:
A Focalink Alto C and Soprano C, a Susato Nightingale and a TNG Alto C "Seedpod"-style.

That's it for now but I'll sure make some more DIY whistles from PVC-tubing. The next time I'll make some with a standard mouthpiece.

cheers, Sedi :)
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

It's been a few years since I've posted to C&F, so I figured I'd say howdy with a pic of my whistles.

ImageMy Whistles by John Sluder, on Flickr

Left-to-right:
Gene Milligan mezzo A (Cocobolo with Delrin polymer mouthpiece and brass fittings) - My latest acquisition.
Early Pat O'Riordan high C&D Concert Whistle set (Kingwood with Ebonite mouthpiece and brass fittings)
Greenwood (David Boisvert) high D (Blackwood with brass fittings)
Paul Busman high C (American Ironwood, aka Hop Hornbeam, with stainless steel fittings)
Paul Busman high D (American Ironwood, aka Hop Hornbeam, with stainless steel fittings)
Paul Busman high D (Delrin polymer with stainless steel fittings) - My travel whistle.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Brad Maestas
Tell us something.: I love the chiff. I love the fipple. After crumpets and tea I have a tipple. Of slides, taps, cranns, and rolls.

Post by Brad Maestas »

I'm glad someone woke up this sleepy thread. You guys have some nice collections! Wow.

Here's what I've got at the moment.

Yamaha YRF-21 Fife C
Generation Bb
Generation C
Feadóg C
Generation D
Freeman Generation D*
Dixon Solid Brass D
Feadóg D
Waltons D
Clare 2-Piece D
Feadóg Pro D
Generation Eb
Generation F
Generation G

*The head for the Freeman D is with Jerry getting some love. It had the old-gen head and developed quite a few cracks over the years that I repaired but he told me to send it in. One of my favorite whistles.

I am waiting, very impatiently I might add, for a new Chieftain Thunderbird tunable low D that should be here any day now. I’ve been saving up for a low D for some years and I was finally able to choose one and splurge and get something nice. There's nothing like the anticipation of a new instrument.

The Dixon is a great session whistle. Very pure tone with some airiness. A lot of the other Dixons and other all-Delrin-head whistles I've played have come off a little sterile with no airiness or character but this one has both, and with great intonation. The Freeman D gives a great traditional sound with more chiff and air and has good intonation. The Clare comes in a very close second to the Freeman. Also a superb whistle. It was actually my first, lucky me. I'd been playing various things (mando, guitar, bass, percussion) with a fellow in NYC that was a great whistler, among other things. I'd always found the instrument fascinating and after showing interest he gave me one of his! What a nice guy.

The other standouts in my collection are the Generation Bb and Feadóg C. The rest are just okay.

On the wish list: Burke D, Chieftain High D, Low F/G; Freeman A/Bb/C