Dismaland

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Dismaland

Post by Nanohedron »

I'm a fan of Banksy, most popularly known for his thought-provoking hit-and-run graffiti art, so when I found out that he's made an ambitious installation called Dismaland based on the idea of a dystopian theme park, of course I had to check it out. It's all wonderful (if you like that sort of thing), but in terms of sheer art, I think this is my favorite:

Quite beautiful, really, and totally Banksy.

Here's a link to a few pics of the project:

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/08/dismaland/

More:

http://www.businessinsider.com/29-photo ... and-2015-8
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Dismaland

Post by benhall.1 »

We'd go, for definite. But apparently it's almost impossible to get tickets, partly because it's so damn' popular and partly because the website is total sh!t. Apparently it's all part of the Dismaland experience. "Britain's most disappointing attraction."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Dismaland

Post by Nanohedron »

I like the legend on the attendants' smocks: "End Joy".

Haven't checked out the official website yet. Since I'm on the other side of The Pond and despise travel, there's probably no call for me to access it. I'll just enjoy (that is, end joy :wink: ) it via the vicarious remove of the internet. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician