M&E Keyless for sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Okay, I have too many keyless flutes and I want to get something keyed, so I'm offering up my M&E Keyless for sale. Here are the details:

M&E Keyless with nickel bands and split front embouchure. No case. Good condition, plays well with a solid Low end and D note. These polymer flutes look waaay better with the bands IMO, even though it adds to the price of the instrument.

This flute costs $395 including shipping brand new, I'm selling mine for $300 and will pay for Priority Shipping and insurance here in the U.S., Contact me via e-mail if interested.

Cheers,

Loren
gcollins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gcollins »

Hey Loren:

So you don't want to take that flute backpacking and biking anymore, huh?
I've also sold my other keyless flutes, and now only have the Seery keyless and the Olwell bamboo.

I also didn't tell you that, after great consideration, I've also sold my AWESOME Olwell blackwood keyless, and now play the killer antique R&R with a patent head and second Wilkes head. Outrageous.

(Still waiting for the Olwell low Bb though--6 or so months to wait...hopefully)

G
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Oh my god, G! Who got your Olwell???

:smile: Jessie
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Yeah man, who got the Olwell? Can't believe you parted with it.

No old flutes for me thanks, I put my faith in evolution.

Still got months to wait for my Olwell D....

I'd like to keep the M&E, but I do want a keyed flute. I have a three piece Burke Low D I can take hiking instead. Plus the weather will be cool enough here in Florida, for the next 6 months, that I can carry my Copley around (in the car) when I need to.

Now I just need to find a killer deal on a keyed woodenflute and I'll be all set! I'd order one from Hammy but don't want to wait a year. McGee's 2+ year wait is out of the question, and a keyed Olwell is a long term goal. Guess I'll just have to find something used as my budget is severly limited at the moment anyway.

Can't wait to hear what you think of that Bb when you get it!

Loren
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I'm dropping the price on my M&E to $275 - that's $120 less than they cost brand new, and this one is in top shape.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

I'd hedge my bets that the Olwell about to go up for sale on David Migoya's site belongs to G. G, I understand where you're coming from here. That Rudall you bought is probably the flute to end all flutes. I wanted that flute SOOO badly, but so it is. Really, you should care for it like a child (or better) and keep it for the rest of your life. It's an heirloom and you are unlikely to see another flute like that in your life.
As for me, I'm playing my Copley right now, while the Grinter is in the shop. I should have an unkeyed Olwell coming to me next summer, and a keyed acanthus leaf model Grinter next November. At that point I'll decide what stays and what goes. For now I'm just trying to earn some bucks to pay for it all!
Chris
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Yeah, it's G.'s Olwell. His Hoza too I believe.

Chris, yikes man, you've got some pricey flutes on the way, better get to work! :smile:

Loren
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Loren,
You're not kidding! I'm definately going to have to sell everything but one or two off. I guess I'm sort of trading up until I have what I consider the ultimate flute. Then I stick with that and no more.
Yeah, I'm going to need 4 jobs at least!
Chris
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

Sure can't fool the likes of you guys, that's for sure. Indeed, my Olwell and Hoza flute will be sold through Dave. They are both really, really nice flutes. The Olwell is the best unkeyed flute I've ever played, and it needs to go to someone who will play it and enjoy it. The tone and flexibility (and Hard D) on that flute sends chills up your spine. The Hoza is a really nice flute as well, with a killer low D note.

The keyed Rudall with the Wilkes head is also just phenomenal, and the tone complex and flexibile. Amazing. Very different character than the Olwell though, so it very hard to say what is the "best" flute.

Actually, you will never believe this. I sent the flutes to Migoya from Shanghai, and when he received the package, he opened it to find...GE Flourescent light bulbs! DHL screwed up the delvery (and the ship airwaybill was switched) and now my outstanding flutes are sitting somewhere in Cleveland and it's Thanksgiving. I am obviously very worried, since DHL has not confirmed that have located the flutes.

I'm sweating.
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Wow G., that sucks! I'd be sweating too....
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

G,
Holy (*&#(&$(#! That is not good at all!!!!!
Let us know how it all turns out.
Chris
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

You can't even imagine the stress this is causing here, either!
Not only were Greg's Olwell and Hoza flutes in there, but a McGee flute meant to tour around the country for people to try.
So, needless to say we're pounding on the shipping company and the GE folks whom "we think" got the box intended for me.
You can't even know the surprise (and actually the laughter after the stress) of seeing long florescent lightbulbs (2 dozen for anyone who cares to know) instead of flutes.
But, we're working on it. As I told Greg, he's lucky I'm an investigative reporter by profession. DHL was still "tracing" the box and after two days I gave up on them and in just 10 minutes on the internet and a last name of the person who signed it in Cleveland, I was on the telephone to him. They hadn't even heard from DHL yet. Sigh. So, the folks at GE are hunting around for it, too. As you can imagine, it's a big place.
And....to make it worse.....I already have a client waiting to buy the Olwell overseas. Imagine his consternation, too!
A mess.
gcollins

Post by gcollins »

...and since DHL in China was not getting the results I need...I, the crazy foreign executive, went to the Shanghai DHL office to pile through their documentation and, in 9.456 minutes, got the name and phone number of the person the light bulbs were sent to in Cleveland. I called him and got his answering machine, and didn't even castigate him for living in Cleveland where the dry winters are not suitable for wood flutes. It's not his fault.

Hope he shows up to work or checks his voice mail the day after US Thanksgiving.