Tune ID

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Tune ID

Post by benhall.1 »

I don't normally like these, but there's this tune that's just popped into my head ... except that I don't think it's quite right ... Goes something like this:

X:1
T:Gan ainm
M:4/4
R:reel
K:Ador
B | AGED EGAB | e2ge dBAG | D3B ABGE | DGBG AGEB |
AGED EGAB | e2ge dBAG | D3B ABGE | DGBG A3 :|

Anyone any clues? :-?
stanton135
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Re: Tune ID

Post by stanton135 »

I think it might be The Cottage in the Glen: http://thesession.org/tunes/558
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

stanton135 wrote:I think it might be The Cottage in the Glen: http://thesession.org/tunes/558
D'ya know, I think you might be right??? Gosh! But my brain 'adn't 'arf fried the tune, hadn't it? Amazing you got it from that.

Thanks Stanton! :D :thumbsup:
stanton135
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Post by stanton135 »

Ah! Great, glad it was the right one.

Ironically enough, the part that I'm having a hard time getting is the eye dialect. What does "fried" mean, in this context? (Sheepish Yank isn't too up on his Old-World colloquialisms.)
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Stanton

Fried as in the application of too much current to a memory chip and scrambling it.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

BigDavy wrote:Hi Stanton

Fried as in the application of too much current to a memory chip and scrambling it.

David
Thanks David. A more eloquent explanation I could not hope to find. :)
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Ben

My memory chips have had excess current applied to them on occasion, I can empathise.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
bensdad

Post by bensdad »

We're talking fission chips then?