Coolboard archive?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Brus
antispam: No

Coolboard archive?

Post by Brus »

I'm sure you haven't heard this request in a long time, but ...

Is the Coolboard archive still available somehow, somewhere?

I've tried the Wayback Machine. The old links to that archive don't seem to be Waybacked.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Coolboard archive?

Post by MTGuru »

That's a good question, Brus. I'll ask Dale about it.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Regretfully, I don't think so. I sure don't have the archive. This current version of the board has been working since 2001. I really frankly don't remember much about the board before that other than the service was Coolboard. It's possible, I guess, that Rich made an archive, but I can't imagine that if he did he'd still have it after 13 years. Sorry!

Dale
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Those 12,000 posts used to be archived and downloadable as a single .GZ file. Anybody have it?
Brus

Post by Brus »

kkrell wrote:Those 12,000 posts used to be archived and downloadable as a single .GZ file. Anybody have it?
I can still find the links on the Wayback Machine. But when I click on them I get:
Not Found

The requested URL /archive/chiff-archive.tar.gz was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hard to believe it's not archived somewhere, if I had the right link.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I checked out the various Files directories on Rich's site, but that was not amongst them. He still has the Flute Geezer tracks available, and lots of programming and personal stuff going back that far, so he might have it off-line somewhere.