FS: 2010 Ian Kinnear poly Scottish smallpipes in A

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

FS: 2010 Ian Kinnear poly Scottish smallpipes in A

Post by Peter Duggan »

Cross-post from the Used Instruments Exchange:

Three drones, all cane reeds (+ spare baritone drone reed), standard Kinnear bellows and playing well. Chanter re-reeded for me by Ian in July 2012 after the first owner (I'm the second) broke the reed. While Ian doesn't advertise the poly pipes any more, he still makes the occasional set and told me a few days ago his last price was about £985 for the three-drone set with bellows and case. Afraid I don't have a case to sell, but would consider selling with or without the bellows, so thinking £750 for pipes and bellows or £570 for pipes alone and would do UK shipping for that (please ask about international shipping).

And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: FS: 2010 Ian Kinnear poly Scottish smallpipes in A

Post by pancelticpiper »

I wish I had the money to get those! I got a chance to hear and try Ian's pipes in ABW and poly at his booth at the World Pipe Band Championships several years ago.

I actually preferred the tone of the poly pipes, because they were brighter and had more 'punch' and could be heard at a pub session better.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle