Pictures of Your Pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
DjUntzUntz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Pictures of Your Pipes

Post by DjUntzUntz »

Cathy Wilde wrote:I'm not sure how to make the images load directly, but this link should take you to some pictures of the new concert full set I received from Makoto Nakatsui about 3 weeks ago. Macassar ebony with Turkish boxwood mounts, Itaya maple for the mainstock. Japanese oak bellows. Four-key chanter with stop key. Folded Taylor-style bass reg. Cane chanter reed, composite drone reeds, spruce reg reeds.

They are astounding! I couldn't be happier, and Makoto is an absolute pleasure to work with. I feel so very lucky.

https://app.box.com/s/czbzu0oe2c5l2d89wqwg
it looks beyond wild...what a set! congratulations! beautiful!!!! :)
Fergmaun
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Fergmaun »

My new Uilleann Pipes bellows made by Lawrence Thomson of Kinross-Shire Scotland

Cheers

Ferg
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

http://www.myspace.com/fergusmaunsell
DjUntzUntz

Post by DjUntzUntz »

Fergmaun wrote:My new Uilleann Pipes bellows made by Lawrence Thomson of Kinross-Shire Scotland

Cheers

Ferg
look like nice bellows :) price?
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Fergmaun wrote:My new Uilleann Pipes bellows made by Lawrence Thomson of Kinross-Shire Scotland

Cheers

Ferg

They look just like mine!

Then Again they are made by the same person. Only difference is the tube and my intake is made of imitation ivory.
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
Fergmaun

Post by Fergmaun »

DjUntzUntz wrote:look like nice bellows :) price?55

1 set bellows = £220.00

Postage & Packing = £10.00

Cheers

Ferg
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

Fergmaun

Post by Fergmaun »

ennischanter wrote:They look just like mine!

Then Again they are made by the same person. Only difference is the tube and my intake is made of imitation ivory.

Did you get the bellows from Lawrence Thomson or from pipermaker. What type tubing are you using with bellows.

I will be getting another black flexible tubing from kellehertrad.com as Lawrence Thomson supplied the clear tubing.

Cheers

Ferg
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Fergmaun wrote:
ennischanter wrote:They look just like mine!

Did you get the bellows from Lawrence Thomson or from pipermaker. What type tubing are you using with bellows.

I will be getting another black flexible tubing from kellehertrad.com as Lawrence Thomson supplied the clear tubing.

Cheers

Ferg

I got the bag and bellows from the pipe maker when I ordered a C# Lawrence/Hunter chanter.

The tubing is a little flimsy, and is starting to rot in some places, but it works just fine. Maybe I'll get some radiator hose or something...
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

andymay
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by andymay »

I have the same bellows but in black.

I hadn't realised that my previous bellows were so inefficient/pants until i got these.

They really are A1.

A
misterpatrick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by misterpatrick »

A few shots of my new 3/4 in B by Michael Hubbert. The set is in stabilized acid-stained domestic maple with mammoth mounts and brass. This set is based on Egan but has been brought up to modern B. It's got some great innovations including Taylor-style sliding drone shutoff, reg and chanter reeds are all the same dimensions. This beautiful belle made her debut at the SOCAL tionól and wowed. After a final voicing and finishing up the chanter keys it was shipped back here to the cold and dry midwest winter. The chanter, regs and drones immediately played in tune without any tweaking. I am extremely honored to play such a beautiful set.

If you want to dance with this lovely lady time to plan on a visit to the GNIPC tionól this coming September. Mark your calendars!

ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

misterpatrick wrote:A few shots of my new 3/4 in B by Michael Hubbert. The set is in stabilized acid-stained domestic maple with mammoth mounts and brass. This set is based on Egan but has been brought up to modern B. It's got some great innovations including Taylor-style sliding drone shutoff, reg and chanter reeds are all the same dimensions. This beautiful belle made her debut at the SOCAL tionól and wowed. After a final voicing and finishing up the chanter keys it was shipped back here to the cold and dry midwest winter. The chanter, regs and drones immediately played in tune without any tweaking. I am extremely honored to play such a beautiful set.

If you want to dance with this lovely lady time to plan on a visit to the GNIPC tionól this coming September. Mark your calendars!

OOOOH!!! :o :shock: :boggle:

You're lucky indeed!

MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Holy Christ - I'd never have expected maple can look like THAT!
It's a beauty!
An Draighean

Post by An Draighean »

misterpatrick wrote:A few shots of my new 3/4 in B by Michael Hubbert.
That is a gorgeous set! Would love to hear them played.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Lovely work. Is the coloration a result of the grain in the maple or of the acid?
PJ
Fergmaun

Post by Fergmaun »

Hi misterpatrick

Your new pipes looks like snakewood used and made by Andreas Rogge.

Cheers

Fergus
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

Fergmaun wrote:Hi misterpatrick

Your new pipes looks like snakewood used and made by Andreas Rogge.

Cheers

Fergus

I was about to say the same thing!