Anyone use Wavedrum for practise?

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
Ketil
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Anyone use Wavedrum for practise?

Post by Ketil »

Hi. I recently read in another thread someone asking about if there's an app out there with bodhran drum settings. I have also been looking for something other than a methronome to accompany me while practising or just jamming by myself.

I read the other day in the sleeve of the KAN album that a Wavedrum had been used on a few tracks. I had no idea of what this was and started searching and found both the Wavedrum and the Wavedrum mini..

see link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FE01Fkmlg

Have anyone any experience with this? Looks like fun! It has a loop function so you can record a rythm pattern and then pick up your flute/pipes/whistle/fiddle/guitar/banjo or whatever and play!

I don't know if there's a bodhran setting on the Wavedrum, though..
Any thoughts and experiences?

Ketil
Feadoggie
antispam: No

Re: Anyone use Wavedrum for practise?

Post by Feadoggie »

This is the only thread here on the flute forum that I can recall talking about the Wavedrum. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87662

It's a fun product. There are other similar products from competing companies. I use an Alesis pad sometimes for the looping function but not for Irish music. You can make your own triggers too - just won't have all the bells and whistles (unless you sample them yourself). There are libraries of bodhran hits available if you want to use another trigger and PC based percussion software. And there are several commercial loop libraries of bodhran patterns out there - some as freeware.

I far prefer to play an actual bodhran myself.

Google is your friend. There's a wide world of electronic percussion out there.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Sylvester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Anyone use Wavedrum for practise?

Post by Sylvester »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXNK-Mra2lo

Maybe it could do for both tastes... :wink:

Regards,
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere