Is this Internet Explorer doing this or the board?

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Is this Internet Explorer doing this or the board?

Post by benhall.1 »

Just this morning, my posts suddenly seem to be spell-checked. They never have been before. What's happened? Anyone know? :-?

It's quite useful, in fact ...
megapop

Re: Is this Internet Explorer doing this or the board?

Post by megapop »

It's your browser, if not even your very OS. Creative spelling will not be tolerated any more.
(Which depends... some applications rely on the system-wide language packs, some have their own - I don't know about IE...)
return null;
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Weird though. It's never happened before. Just started this morning. I quite like it. I feel the great hand of the almighty paternal internet lifting me up. :really:
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by david_h »

Last night I turned a Windows 7 laptop on for the first time in a few days and it decided for itself to download and install "Service Pack 1". Web searches suggest that that might allow IE10 (which I don't have) to use an optional spellchecker.

This may or may not be relevant !

Firefox has a spellchecker.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

david_h wrote:Last night I turned a Windows 7 laptop on for the first time in a few days and it decided for itself to download and install "Service Pack 1". Web searches suggest that that might allow IE10 (which I don't have) to use an optional spellchecker.

This may or may not be relevant !
I suspect that that is, indeed, very relevant, David. My machine decided, without a by your leave, to upgrade the browser to IE10 just the other day. So that's probably it, isn't it? IE10 doing it. I haven't noticed any other differences, apart from a slight change in look when you open a new blank tab.