16/16 Linnet Hammered Dulcimer made by Alec Anness
This is a beautiful instrument that I have owned from new. It was purchased in 2009 as a custom build by Alec Anness in Ely, Cambridge. The details are:
• 16/16 Hammer Dulcimer with 2 strings per course except for lowest bass and treble courses which have 3 strings per course.
• Solid Mahogany throughout with boxwood trim and maple blocks for the pins.
• Dusty Strings Tristander stand and semi hard case. This is a unique and highly practical stand. The legs are removable and fit into the bag.
• Brake cable pedal damping system. Very effective system designed by Alec using custom engineered parts
• 4 sets of hammers and beautiful boxwood tuning key.
The dulcimer hold its tuning very well indeed. The damping system works beautifully and uses brake cable rather than string which some US dulcimers use. The bass courses are currently octave (chicago) tuned but I have all the strings for it to be tuned in fifths as is usual. Please specify how you would like it tuned. I will supply the strings whatever you decision.
The instrument has a few scratches as detailed in photos above. These are purely superficial.
This is a concert grade instrument and with all the accessories would cost about £2100 new with a 6 month wait. The dulcimer is £1500 new with damping system, tristander is over £350, the case another hundred along with the hammers.
I have made a video of the instrument - here is the link.
Collection would clearly be best but I can try to arrange postage. I will not be held responsible for damage in transit but will make sure insurance is in place.
The dulcimer is for sale for £1200 o.v.n.o
Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
1 post • Page 1 of 1