CelticRenaissanceMusic RFI

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CelticRenaissanceMusic RFI

Post by MTGuru »

If any Chiffers have had experience, good or bad, dealing with and/or ordering from the online music site

http://www.CelticRenaissanceMusic.com

located in Phoenix, Arizona, we're interested in your story. Post your comments to this thread, or contact me or one of the mods via PM.

Thanks!
The ChiffCo Mgmt.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: CelticRenaissanceMusic RFI

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Any word on these guys yet MT?

Patrick
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

I've just had a look at their site, and I must say - strange, very, VERY strange.
I guess these are really nice people, because every single item in the shop is massively price-reduced...
I feel like ordering a set of UP there, only for the bottle of "Highland Pride" I get with it, for FREE.
And I have seen this formulation before: "These are made to our specifications by a company which has its bagpipes on display in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh, Scotland." - IIRC, the Hakam Din company from Sialkot takes pride in having one of their instruments on display there.
Anyhow, IMO these pipes look very much like the ones made in an Asian country which shall not be named. The reeds look like GHB reeds sized up, definitely not like properly made UP reeds, and as for the "extras": "*We already build in a shut off valve which allows you to practice with just the chanter!." - what a fantastic idea!
What I'm REALLY wondering about - does Michael Vignoles know about the fact that his name is mentioned, his sound samples and pictures of parts of his instruments are on this site, although nothing you can actually buy there, is of his make and bears his name?
Very strange indeed.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:Any word on these guys yet MT?
We're still info-gathering, Pat. :-)
MichaelLoos wrote:does Michael Vignoles know about the fact that his name is mentioned
Yes, he knows, and he has done business with them in the past.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Brent Lyons

Post by Brent Lyons »

MTGuru wrote:We're still info-gathering, Pat. :-)
Not sure if you've found anything more, but I ran across this BBB listing for them:

http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-wes ... 1000019618
...don't worry - that was just the rarely heard note of K flat. I meant to do that.
donpiper

Post by donpiper »

Hi,

I bought an uilleann reedcap off these guys last year.

It took longer than expected and a few emails to arrive, (damaged address label apparently).

The reedcap is possibly of Pakistani manufacture but looks ok and does what I wanted it to.

cheers,
donpiper