Kitchener, Ontario, Canada - House Concert and Session

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada - House Concert and Session

Post by NicoMoreno »

Farewell House Concert and Party
An evening of Irish Traditional Music
Featuring:
Nicolas Brown and Alison Perkins

Saturday, May 21st 2011 at 7:30PM (doors open at 7)
Session and Party to follow
Suggested donation of $10 (Free with instrument!)

31 Springdale Drive, Kitchener

Alison Perkins was born into a musical family in Detroit, Michigan. She has won multiple awards on fiddle, tin whistle and singing. Starting at an early age she was guided by some of the finest Irish musicians from Ireland and North America. She is a member of the successful Michigan band Finvarra's Wren. She has played at such venues as the critically acclaimed Ark in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the Kennedy Center in Washington DC, and the Goderich, Ontario Celtic Festival. She has also played and taught at many concert halls, pubs and festivals across America.

Nicolas Brown is one of the most exciting up and coming young musicians in the Ontario Irish music scene. He is a skilled, and award winning, uilleann piper, flute and whistle player and has also been known to sing the odd song. Nicolas discovered the joys of the tin whistle at the age of 17, which led eventually to the wooden flute and the torturous uilleann (or union) pipes. He has performed before at the Mill Race Folk Festival in Cambridge, locally at such venues as the Kitchener Waterloo Chamber Music Society Listening Room and The Schneider House, and further afield at the Saline Celtic Festival and Mississippi CelticFest.

This is a wonderful chance to see Alison and Nicolas perform in an intimate venue and to wish Nicolas farewell on his journey to America. Don't miss this unique, completely acoustic concert that will be sure to delight you. A session will follow the concert. Please note this event is BYOB. Snacks and beverages will be available.

Visit Alison on the web at http://www.myspace.com/alisonfiddle
Visit Finvarra's Wren at http://www.myspace.com/finvarraswren

For more information please contact Nicolas Brown at nicolaslbrown at gmail dot com or via PM
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Re: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada - House Concert and Session

Post by NicoMoreno »

Only a week away now! Hope to see some chiffers there.