FS: Kaval, Daegeum, NAF, Toyo Zampoña

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Kaval, Daegeum, NAF, Toyo Zampoña

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

I am cleaning house and need to get rid of a few of my world flutes, so what better place to put them. All the pictures are below. First up is a lovely kaval by Hector Bezanis, it's in D, made of pau ferro, and has cowhorn mounts. It's hands down the best kaval I have ever played, but I've got other priorities right now and need to sell it. With it I will include Nikolay Doktorov's kaval tutor, both #1, and #2. My asking price is a very fair $550 which includes a hardshell case too. It's good as new, and recently oiled, you will not find a finer kaval.

Next up is a sinawi daegeum, this is the smallest size of the three daegeum that are used today. Sinawi daegeum is used for sinawi, other forms of folk music, and sometimes for sanjo. It's lowest note is C#, and is concert pitch, meaning 440. It was made by Kim Yong Nam, one of the best daegeum makers as of present. I paid $2k for it, and would like to get $1,350 as it's pristine and included are nice hard case.

I also have a really nice F# NAF made by me. It's modes 1, & 4, has a really strong sound, and warbles as do all the flutes I make. It's made to look like an antique flute I once saw, and will include a hand sewn bag for it. It didn't show up well in the foto, but it's a dark blood red color. It's going for $400, this is a very fine example of my work. I also have(not pictured) a bass flute I made. It's got an elkhead and is in C#.

Last item, I have 2 toyo that I can sell. I bought four for my band, and we really just need the two, so I'll let the other ones go for what I paid, $95 each.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Re: FS: Kaval, Daegeum, NAF, Toyo Zampoña

bump....
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Bump....
fernando
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fernando »

how much toyo
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

All these flutes are sold, not sure why you're replying to an ad that is almost 2 years old!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

My bad - I didn't notice the age of the thread when I approved that post as a 1st submission. But on the other hand and, I think somewhat in my defense, I couldn't tell anything had been sold yet, either. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician