MI, Ann Arbor -Nov 8 2012 - Jackie Daly and Matt Cranitch

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

MI, Ann Arbor -Nov 8 2012 - Jackie Daly and Matt Cranitch

Post by NicoMoreno »

The Detroit Irish Music Association proudly presents:

Jackie Daly and Matt Cranitch

An evening of Fiddle and Accordion music from Sliabh Luachra

Thursday, November 8th

Repertoire Workshop: Sliabh Luachra tunes- all instruments welcome! 7-8pm, $35 per student
Concert: 8:30pm Tickets $16 in advance, $18 at the door

For many years, Jackie Daly (accordion) and Matt Cranitch (fiddle) have been among the foremost interpreters of the rich Sliabh Luachra tradition of instrumental music. The unique cultural area on the borders of northwest Cork and east Kerry provides a special repertoire of tunes as well as a very distinctive style of playing, and has long been a source of inspiration for both Jackie and Matt. Through their respective performances over many years, they have established enviable individual reputations in the world of Irish traditional music. Together however, the vibrant music that they create displays an additional collaborative dimension. They have travelled extensively throughout many countries, performing individually, with various groups, and together.

www.mattcranitch.com/matt-jackie/

For more information, advance ticket requests, or to reserve a spot in the workshop, please contact Colleen Gavin at colleen.e.gavin at gmail dot com