Martin Hayes, Dennis Cahill, Ogden, UT 9/19

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Martin Hayes, Dennis Cahill, Ogden, UT 9/19

Post by susnfx »

I received this email from Mark Stevenson--I'll be going if at all possible.

Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill in Concert
Returning to Ogden to open the 2009-10 Cultural Affairs season are Irish fiddle virtuoso Martin Hayes and American guitarist Dennis Cahill.

The duo has garnered international renown for taking traditional Irish music to the very edge of the genre, holding listeners spellbound with slow-building, fiery performances.

September 19, 2009 7:30pm
Peery's Egyptian Theater, Ogden

Tickets: 801-689-8700
$15/$12
http://weber.edu/culturalaffairs/

Check out the 2009-2010 season!
www.weber.edu/culturalaffairs

Susan
KNQuail

Re: Martin Hayes, Dennis Cahill, Ogden, UT 9/19

Post by KNQuail »

I certainly hope you will be able to go! I saw them a year and a half ago (along with Alasdair Fraser, Natalie Haas, and Bruce Molsky) and they are AMAZING. I dragged my dad along to the show...he really wasn't in the mood to go, but afterwards he kept saying what a great show it was and how glad he was that he went. Martin was his favorite musician of the group.
susnfx

Re: Martin Hayes, Dennis Cahill, Ogden, UT 9/19

Post by susnfx »

In a moment of middle-age crisis, I dragged my daughter from Utah to California to see them! Had a great time, by the way, meeting some fellow Chiffers. The venue where we saw Hayes/Cahill was very small and had a nice intimate feel to it. Unfortunately, the place they're going to be in Ogden is a large theater and the one time I've attended a music event there (Lunasa) there were approximately 150 people in a venue that seats 750-1000. I'll definitely go Saturday if I can make the arrangements.

Susan